Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with 2"-21/2" lift ..... what did you do about you track bars?????

1998 Sahara needs frt. rear adj. track bars, I am thinking of installing a OME 2" heavy-duty lift and would like to install new track bars ( the old bushings are worn out) and new control arms ( bushings shot)

I called metal cloak they said their control arms would work 0-4" of lift
BUT their track bars where a maybe.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
anyone with 2"-21/2" lift ..... what did you do about you track bars?????

1998 Sahara needs frt. rear adj. track bars, I am thinking of installing a OME 2" heavy-duty lift and would like to install new track bars ( the old bushings are worn out) and new control arms ( bushings shot)

I called metal cloak they said their control arms would work 0-4" of lift
BUT their track bars where a maybe.
Just call Dirk at DPG offroad and get the Ultimate Kit with the BL and MML removed. It's a 2"-2.5" lift that comes with JKS front and rear trackbars

I would just buy new stock control arms considering the price and effort to replace the bushings

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been running the MC front trackbar on my TJ with OME hd lift (+ OME 3/8" spacer up front) for about a year now with no problems. The track bar is adjusted almost as short as it will go, but not quite, and has the axle pretty well centered.

Still using the stock rear trackbar with the OME bracket, so can't comment on a rear trackbar.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have the Ultimate OME lift from Dirk and the JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars. Work great. No issues.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sound like I am calling Dirk !!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dirks closed today (Friday) will call Monday

anybody use the JKS control arms???? vs. cloak or curry

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
dirks closed today (Friday) will call Monday

anybody use the JKS control arms???? vs. cloak or curry
Nope however if I had to choose between those names I would go with Currie. All at which are great manufacturer names in the 4x4 business and use flex joints.

You can use stock control arms with a 2"-2.5" lift and are super cheap ($30 a piece for the lowers). I actually replaced crappy Pro Comp arms for a 4" lift with stock arms. However this is a great opportunity to upgrade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts