Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the rear pull throttle assembly on the MC2150 and cant seem to figure out how the damn thing is supposed to be on there. I have been staring at the carb for a while now and am lost. Is there a kit or something I can get or is it something I would have to fabricate. Any help or a pic of how it should look would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You have to fabricate a small bracket to work w/ the stock 'down pull' cable on your YJ.

I just used a 4" long piece of aluminum barstock that was 5/16" thick x 3/4" wide. The bar sticks straight back from the center of the carb throttleshaft bracket about 2 1/2" to 3". Drilled a couple holes to mount it to throttleshaft bracket w/ small bolts at one end & one at the other to reuse the ball stud for snapping on the old throttle cable.

Mount the barstock first, then experiment w/ the 'back' cable hole to see where it needs to be to pull thru the whole range of motion required to go from idle to wide open. trim off the excess, grind smooth & polish if desired.

I would post a pic, but I have a dumb phone w/ no camera...sorry!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I have a warm and fuzzy on what your describing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts