Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I see a ton of threads on which is the best exhaust to get and seems like people seem to really like the mangaflow. However, as I have given up on caring about any mpg and trying to go for more smiles per gallon, what is the meanest sounding exhaust? I know it's only a 3.6L V6, but just curious as to what is out there that makes my little two door sound meaner.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went with a pypes catback exhaust. Its mean alright, enough to want to rip out the ear drums on the highway... :blackeye

Sounds fantastic during low rpm and idling. I think it all has more to do with exhaust design. mine is a straight pipe with a glasspack for a resonator... Ouch.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
No exhaust sounds mean on a 3.6 Pentastar. They sound like shit!!!
You want mean, put an old big block Chevy in it :)

Reactions: Viaqua and Jhmace9

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
No exhaust sounds mean on a 3.6 Pentastar. They sound like shit!!!
You want mean, put an old big block Chevy in it :)
Yep. No way to get a V6 to sound mean. Just loud. And when you make it loud it will just sound like someone giving you the raspberry.

The only way to get a mean sounding JK is to swap in a V8. Or get the quietest exhaust you can, put in a CD with exhaust sounds, and crank it up.

·
Registered
398 Posts
At the end of the day you have a fairly mild V6 and will sound as such no matter what. The magnaflo has a nice tone and looks very clean from behind.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The borla climber sounds nice. Too loud for my taste so I built my own quiet system.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
"Meanest" sounding exhaust

I also have the Pypes cat back single exhaust, I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I run a 12" Glasspack on my JKU. Sounds good, no drone and screams when I floor it! LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,344 Posts
Here's a question. Why are there so many "cat back" systems for the JK / JKU that are not actually "cat back" systems?
To be a cat back system on a JK / JKU it would need to include the Y pipe as the cats are in front of the Y pipe. And it would either need to include a loop delete pipe for the left side or include a new loop.
I declare Shenanigans!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here's a question. Why are there so many "cat back" systems for the JK / JKU that are not actually "cat back" systems?
To be a cat back system on a JK / JKU it would need to include the Y pipe as the cats are in front of the Y pipe. And it would either need to include a loop delete pipe for the left side or include a new loop.
I declare Shenanigans!
because the average person doesn't know the difference anymore. helps sell the product.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts