Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone refresh my memory on where those two points would be .... The outside lip of the rim to ? Start of the leg if they are spoke or the hole if you have a hole pattern ? Have to order my rim today but they come in three different offset sizes I measured at two points and got two out of the three measurements ...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
Forget the Offset term, that is a measurement that isn't all that useful for Jeep wheels. We instead use the wheel's 'backspace' measurement which tells you more about how much clearance a wheel & tire combination has away from the suspension.

The yellow tape measure below is measuring the wheel's backspacing...

What size tire (width too) will you be running on it and what are the three backspace measurements available? If you can answer before I leave for a wheeling trip, I can tell you what would be the best backpacing to choose from?

If you ONLY have the Offset measurements, perhaps I can still help... but hopefully you also have the three available backspace dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the 4 I'm actually just ordering the spare to match so they will all be the same size etc.. But that picture you posted is exactly how I measured mine ...thanx for the help.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Offset is simply the measurent from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting suface. If the mounting surface is further to the outside than the centerline, it's positive offset, if it's closer to the vehicle than the centerline, it's negative offset. If you know the backspace and the width of the wheel, you can figure out what the offset is, or visa versa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts