Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it extremely irritating that the center console/media console resets when the key is turned in the ignition? Like if I have my phone playing over Bluetooth with the car off and I start it I have to wait for the system to reconnect before I can keep playing, which is especially annoying if I stall and have to restart the engine. Has anyone else had this issue / found a fix?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Does anyone else find it extremely irritating that the center console/media console resets when the key is turned in the ignition? Like if I have my phone playing over Bluetooth with the car off and I start it I have to wait for the system to reconnect before I can keep playing, which is especially annoying if I stall and have to restart the engine. Has anyone else had this issue / found a fix?
I am not too sure what you have, that you are calling your "center console/media console".

The radio/head unit, and if you have them external amps, all turn off when you turn the key to the start position. I don't think there is anyway to keep the music playing, when there is no power.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think you will find that most, if not all, vehicles are set up to kill power to everything else with the key in the start position. This is so all of the available power from the battery can be used by the starter to turn over the engine. With no power to the radio, there is no way to maintain Bluetooth connections and as radios become more complex, there is a relatively short boot up process that takes place, no different then when you turn on a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I think you will find that most, if not all, vehicles are set up to kill power to everything else with the key in the start position. This is so all of the available power from the battery can be used by the starter to turn over the engine. With no power to the radio, there is no way to maintain Bluetooth connections and as radios become more complex, there is a relatively short boot up process that takes place, no different then when you turn on a computer.

Most units are indeed set up to kill power for cranking. The only aftermarket unit I have seen with an option to leave on while cranking is the Dasaita android head unit. All other I believe turn off for cranking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Most units are indeed set up to kill power for cranking. The only aftermarket unit I have seen with an option to leave on while cranking is the Dasaita android head unit. All other I believe turn off for cranking.
Weird, I feel like I’ve seen other models of cars that don’t have to reboot the radio system when cranking but maybe I was mistaken. Thanks for the feedback from everyone though!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
It isn't so much the reboot, but the god awful length of time it takes to discover the Bluetooth device.

Ive said it before...uConnect is every audiophiles nightmare.

It
F-ing
Blows

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It isn't so much the reboot, but the god awful length of time it takes to discover the Bluetooth device.

Ive said it before...uConnect is every audiophiles nightmare.

It
F-ing
Blows
AMEN.

Seriously thinking about switching to something with Apple Car Play or something similar

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a Kenwood with a Maestro interface. Between the two I had the choice to leave the radio on while cranking instead of having the Kenwood reboot. The long reboot time you are talking about is the Uconnect part of the jeep not so much the radio. I disabled my Uconnect, so I can't test to see if it stays on also. You might look into Jscan and see if it has that option for the radio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts