Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since new, my 2016 JKU hasn’t ever had a lot of variance in the range of heat in the car. Meaning that the temp knob really has little effect until you crank if all the way over to the last 1/10nth before the temp really comes on.... and then it’s pretty hot (but the system has never been super super able to fill the cabin with warmth). Thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
Does the engine reach normal operating temperature in a reasonable amount of time? It could have a lazy thermostat. If the thermostat is working then the blend door might not be working correctly, and/or the heater core might need to be flushed. Is there mucky looking junk collecting in the bottom of the coolant recovery tank?

·
Registered
660 Posts
My '14 has done the same thing since I got it. Crank it all the way to max heat and it roasts you out. Back it down a couple clicks and it's barely luke warm. What I have noticed is if I stop somewhere shut it down and restart a few minutes later, it works how you expect it should. It gradually gets cooler when backed down from the max heat setting. So something in there is not always working as it should, but it has not bugged me enough to look into it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heat actuator. Just replaced on my wife’s 17. Luke warm all the way up to the max setting. Once on top setting it’s hot ( not killer). The part was 38 on amazon for the mopar brand. It’s a pain to get to but easy fix. Took me an hour just because it’s hard to get to (unless you have baby hands). Good videos how to get to it. It’s driver side actuator (blend door actuator). Hopefully that helps!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like the actuator will be my first check I will update after I replace the part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My '14 has done the same thing since I got it. Crank it all the way to max heat and it roasts you out. Back it down a couple clicks and it's barely luke warm. What I have noticed is if I stop somewhere shut it down and restart a few minutes later, it works how you expect it should. It gradually gets cooler when backed down from the max heat setting. So something in there is not always working as it should, but it has not bugged me enough to look into it.
My 12 does the exact same thing...it puts out lots of heat at max so haven't worried about it too much.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Just had my 2016 Jeep in the dealer shop Monday for water pump and thermostat probs. Now my heater is just like some of the above posts. It was never that way before. Texted service guy,waiting for reply tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts