Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Jack!

I picked him up new on Monday with 10 miles on him. Been waiting for months for him to arrive.

He's named after Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King. Have some ideas on what to do, but for now, and since I haven't even paid my first payment yet, we're keeping it low-key. Also getting married in the fall, so need to spend some money there first before major changes.

Anyway. :iamhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First mod!

DIY grill guard and plastidip the grill.

Was a little nervous as I've never done this before and have had Jack less than a week, but w/e. Go big or go home, right?!

I also picked up some rubber diamond mats at Harbor Freight for 1.99 and cut to size for a door sill guard. Looked naked and had to get that right.

In all all of this cost me less than $40 and an ounce of courage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Looks like the grill turned out pretty good. A buddy of mine coated his oem wheels with the plastidip and it's held up surprisingly well for over a year.

Congrats on the new Jeep.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the grill turned out pretty good. A buddy of mine coated his oem wheels with the plastidip and it's held up surprisingly well for over a year. Congrats on the new Jeep.
Thanks yall!

Thinking about the wheels. Don't know if I like it or not and don't know if I want to. I know I can't afford new tires and wheels right now so it's my only option.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the title, I thought for sure you were going to paint/decal the differential covers with Jack Skellington.
That is a fantastic idea. I may have to do that.

I ordered a Jack decal for the side. Love the idea of painting the diffs!

What kind of paint would you recommend?

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is a fantastic idea. I may have to do that.

I ordered a Jack decal for the side. Love the idea of painting the diffs!

What kind of paint would you recommend?
There are quite a few threads about painting diffs - I haven't painted mine so I can't give any direct experience to go from.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got my bumper installed as well. Woof. What an event this was. I was dripping sweat afterward. Need to drink more water! Yeah. Water...

Also. Likely doing a small lift next. Then wheels and tires. I'm getting married in November and my grooms gift is supposed to be a winch. Then done for a bit.

image-1243638390.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finally got my bumper installed as well. Woof. What an event this was. I was dripping sweat afterward. Need to drink more water! Yeah. Water... Also. Likely doing a small lift next. Then wheels and tires. I'm getting married in November and my grooms gift is supposed to be a winch. Then done for a bit.
Looks great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts