2381 - 2400 of 2410 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
better bumpers

I have this bumper too, its ok, until you try to add fog lights to it. The description says works with factory fog lights, but you need to remove the adjusting bracket for the fog light and bolt the light directly to the bumper with no adjustment permitted. the bumper is slightly warped and the driver side fog light points up in the air and the passenger points straight out in front of the jeep, pretty useless for fog lights....... I contacted Go Rhino customer service and they said that is the way it is made, no adjustment allowed.... makes the fog lights worthless, i would not recommend this bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Here’s my LOD Armor Lite mid-width. It weighs about 35lbs without the skid plate and accepts the factory fog lights. I bought it because it’s rated for towing by an RV and works wonderfully. It has a bull bar as an option which I skipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The brown truck just dropped off the Barricade HD Extreme full length front bumper. There were reviews about it showing rust quickly, but it was open box and I like the look.
With that said, has anybody painted a bumper with a bedliner product, and how resistant is it to fading? Thanks much!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have the type of bumper that is heavy, and goes on the front of my jeep......

So.... just to quote myself! I am looking at replacing this bumper, with an aluminum one. Any recommendations? I am eyeing the Quadratec Brute aluminum one, and I need something relatively simple to install, and to hold a Smittybilt 9,500k winch.

I have installed rear bumpers on three jeeps, never removed/replaced a front before. Pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm giving up on buying bumpers for my JK and JKU. I've ordered 5 (2 brands from 2 companies) and all 4 have been damaged when they arrived. The first 2 were for my wife's JKU. I was able to salvage parts from both to make 1 good bumper. The store I ordered from had great customer service so I ordered a front bumper for my JK. The original showed up damaged and the replacement was just as bad with gouges in the metal and large chunks of paint flaked off.

I ordered a rear bumper for the JK and the box was broken in half and retaped. The bumper looked like one end was dragged across the pavement. I'm pretty sure the issue is the shipping carrier. Who knows how many hands or machines it's touched and a 5' to 6' long box weighing upwards of 100 pounds is a challenge for a driver to handle by themself. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the carrier will be held accountable. The shop just issues an RMA and ships a replacement in hopes one will finally arrive undamaged.

Is my story unique or are others experiencing the same?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I sent back both of the damaged front bumpers and ordered a bumper from a different manufacturer, ARB. I had high hopes, it was well packaged yet again, it arrive with one corner looking like it was dragged across the pavement. Are others experiencing this and dealing with it, or is this just bad luck?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Rock Slide Engineering winchless bumper added a few months ago with PIAA driving lights.
Install was straight forward. I'll probably be parting my Jeep out in the fall but like the full coverage better then the Poison Spyder shorty it replaced.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
The brown truck just dropped off the Barricade HD Extreme full length front bumper. There were reviews about it showing rust quickly, but it was open box and I like the look.
With that said, has anybody painted a bumper with a bedliner product, and how resistant is it to fading? Thanks much!
It will look good. The best part is touch-ups will be un-noticed if you keep a couple of matching cans around...

I also like black-woolwax for when the rust starts (if) to creep out from seems and what nots. Can coat the back liberally, and just touch up small rust areas when'if they come if too hard to spray bed-liner on it again.

In the salt-belt this can be a yearly maintenance to prevent rust on steel bumpers. I just touch up as I go as I'm always tinkering and I manage to keep zero rust showing/seeping/starting.

Worst case scenario every other year may have to remove, scrape and re-bedline off the truck. But when installing it will look so damn brand-new again it would be worth it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
As others have mentioned. I appreciate the thread. Helping me consider options to replace factory bumper on my '16 Redrock JKU.

2381 - 2400 of 2410 Posts