Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm giving up on buying bumpers for my JK and JKU. I've ordered 5 (2 brands from 2 companies) and all 4 have been damaged when they arrived. The first 2 were for my wife's JKU. I was able to salvage parts from both to make 1 good bumper. The store I ordered from had great customer service so I ordered a front bumper for my JK. The original showed up damaged and the replacement was just as bad with gouges in the metal and large chunks of paint flaked off.

I ordered a rear bumper for the JK and the box was broken in half and retaped. The bumper looked like one end was dragged across the pavement. I'm pretty sure the issue is the shipping carrier. Who knows how many hands or machines it's touched and a 5' to 6' long box weighing upwards of 100 pounds is a challenge for a driver to handle by themself. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the carrier will be held accountable. The shop just issues an RMA and ships a replacement in hopes one will finally arrive undamaged.

Is my story unique or are others experiencing the same?
I bought my front and rear DV8 bumpers from Extreme Terrain. Both in the box were pretty heavy. They came very well packaged, spray foam in the entire box, no issues whatsoever. Maybe give them a shot!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought my front and rear DV8 bumpers from Extreme Terrain. Both in the box were pretty heavy. They came very well packaged, spray foam in the entire box, no issues whatsoever. Maybe give them a shot!

Both of the manufacturers attempted to wrap/pad the bumpers but neither went to the extent that DV8 did with your front bumper. Magnaflow does the same with their exhausts, and my Rancho geometry brackets were packed with spray foam also. I think that use of spray foam is a good idea, better than the options Paramount and ABR used which still allow movement in the box, though ABR was pretty good. Ultimately, it took having my bumper delivered via freight carrier rather than UPS to get one that wasn't damaged.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
5 Posts
I've got a full kitted Stealth, excellent condition, six months old (still under warranty), sixty miles
  • blue caguamas dyed royal purple,
  • original wheels,
  • yellow nipples,
  • triple 8 helmet,
  • extra romp belts and bumpers I just put the cags on,
  • only have about four miles on them.
Kills me to sell it but my dog just came down with heart cancer and I'm scrounging every dollar I can...

2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts