Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2421 - 2439 of 2439 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
I have been reading in this thread and there a lot of bumpers to choose from. I am leaning towards EAG versus the others. I guess all of it looks mean and no doubt with regards to the protection it will give.

·
Registered
2017 JKUS
249 Posts
Need some help. Is this a Mopar bumper and if so, anyone have a part number?

I’ve been searching for a full width bumper but I want something that fills the gap between the bumper and the fender like this one. I know the middle looks like the 10th anniversary bumper but I have never seen ends like this.

I really like the idea of having a factory bumper, kind of an OEM+ approach that I enjoyed during my VW years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its a 10a Euro version

Need some help. Is this a Mopar bumper and if so, anyone have a part number?

I’ve been searching for a full width bumper but I want something that fills the gap between the bumper and the fender like this one. I know the middle looks like the 10th anniversary bumper but I have never seen ends like this.

I really like the idea of having a factory bumper, kind of an OEM+ approach that I enjoyed during my VW years.

View attachment 4466253

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my Lange 27. I don't think they are manufactured anymore, but might still be available. Weighs only 27 lbs and I bought it on a Black Friday sale for around $200, total with the tow hooks and the winch mount was around $500. Very durable for an all aluminum bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
I still prefer the AEV Premium bumper for a full width. High and tight, matches perfectly with the factory Fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Am I alone in not seeing a point in full-width bumpers? Besides the fact that they're the heaviest and bulkiest things ever, what extra do they do? They destroy your approach angle. and have so much extra to get hung up on

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
Could you tell me where you acquired the black out light cover for the factory grill parking lights
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ,

Reactions: Zonezero

·
Registered
406 Posts
I finally have something to contribute here. My Havoc stubby bumper arrived last week and I installed it over the weekend. I had to drill new mounting holes for the winch but made it work.

Front bumper 01.jpg Front bumper 02.jpg

·
Registered
815 Posts
Back in 2015 after an interstate collision with a rogue bedliner I replaced my front bumper with a Barricade Trailforce HD front bumper from Extreme Terrain (5/32" thick). It was cheap and simple and I wouldn't mind bouncing it off rocks too much. Fast forward 6 years later and I used my barricade 9500lb winch to remove some downed trees from last year's Easter tornado in Chattanooga. With maybe a dozen wraps of the 100+ feet steel cable around the drum, I once nearly stalled the winch and the bumper yielded a bit on the side the cable was pulling. The bumper pulled up and the winch twisted a bit. No damage to the winch, just some bending of the lightweight bumper. I hammered it back flat, removed the bumper, added some 1/4" plate to reinforce the top and 1" square tub to reinforce the inside, painted it and slapped it back together with a synthetic rope and hawse fairlead.

I think I lost some front end weight because the plate and tube weighed less than the steel cable which was around 25lbs. If you have or decide to buy a lightweight bumper like this, it might be a good idea to reinforce it some.

2421 - 2439 of 2439 Posts