Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I am pretty happy that my husbands forum account automatically logs him in here.
Let me explain, I am searching for a present for my hubby's new Jeep. He has been working a ton of hours at his job and refabing our new house. At the moment, he is one of his yearly middle of nowhere survivalist winter trips and will be gone until the 30th. No cell or no internet so I am not worried about him finding this post. SURPRISE!!! :)
With him gone, I have been looking around for a present for his jeep and I hope to have it delivered before he gets back.
He got a 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited about six months ago and he had mentioned several times that about how helpful you guys have been with some of the problems he had getting pieces to fit right.
I kind of shot down his hopes of a 3500 dollar lift kit job the other day. I feel kinda bad about it but I need a new bathroom more than his Jeep needs to be a little taller. I have been looking all over amazon and he did find some pieces he really liked there.
Can someone tell me if this is going to fit and if they are like a complete deal? Is it everything he would need to replace all of his fenders? They are on his amazon wish list. I bet he would love them.

http://www.amazon.com/Bushwacker-10...eep|42&Year=2012|2012&vehicleType=6&carId=001

·
Registered
543 Posts
MBravo said:
Hi there! I am pretty happy that my husbands forum account automatically logs him in here.
Let me explain, I am searching for a present for my hubby's new Jeep. He has been working a ton of hours at his job and refabing our new house. At the moment, he is one of his yearly middle of nowhere survivalist winter trips and will be gone until the 30th. No cell or no internet so I am not worried about him finding this post. SURPRISE!!! :)
With him gone, I have been looking around for a present for his jeep and I hope to have it delivered before he gets back.
He got a 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited about six months ago and he had mentioned several times that about how helpful you guys have been with some of the problems he had getting pieces to fit right.
I kind of shot down his hopes of a 3500 dollar lift kit job the other day. I feel kinda bad about it but I need a new bathroom more than his Jeep needs to be a little taller. I have been looking all over amazon and he did find some pieces he really liked there.
Can someone tell me if this is going to fit and if they are like a complete deal? Is it everything he would need to replace all of his fenders? They are on his amazon wish list. I bet he would love them.

http://www.amazon.com/Bushwacker-10918-07-Wrangler-Style-Fender/dp/B0030UXG76/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Wrangler%7C356&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Jeep%7C42&Year=2012%7C2012&vehicleType=6&carId=001
I'm pretty sure they will fit. I don't think they changed anything on the main tub. The front fender liners could have changed but that should not affect the install other than the directions being different. The one thing I can say is to take the hardware you get and go to the hardware store and match up the bolts and get all new. Then go to napa and get all new push pin retainers. The hardware they use is junk. I thought previous reviews were just folks that were bad with tool

·
Registered
543 Posts
........Continued (phone messed up). The bolts will seize and the retainers will break. Won't cost you much to replace them but it will save you from a major headache. They do have good customer service in case you need to use it. Glad to see a wife supporting the jeep madness. Keep it up.

Edit- while everything is included (except for good hardware) there are some tricky parts. The instructions are not the best way to do the install, at least at certain parts. I would be happy to give your hubby some helpful tips when he goes to install or if he gets hung up anywhere. Just pm me.

·
Registered
504 Posts
agreed. if its on his wish list, he'll probably love them. Its really cool of you to do this...........you got any single sisters? lol

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I really like mine and didn't notice any issue with the hardware. Was time consuming doing the first one but install went a lot faster after that.

Where can I find a woman like this?

·
Registered
543 Posts
desertgoose said:
I really like mine and didn't notice any issue with the hardware. Was time consuming doing the first one but install went a lot faster after that.

Where can I find a woman like this?
You must have got lucky or they sourced better hardware.

·
Registered
315 Posts
what a cool wife you are :flowers: Be sure to check his Quadratec wish list! There are no doubt more cool goodies there..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Am i the only one that thinks its him posting? My wife wouldn't have a clue what fenders or lifts are, and in the OP terminology is right on. Oh and no offense but i have never heard a women use the word refabing. lol

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
For what it is worth---ran across a "Review" of the 2012 on you tube for motor week. They said nothing changed on the outside of the body? Only change this year was motor/drive train, and last year was interior.

So kinda says if it fits '11 should fit a '12---IDK but based on what I am seeing---no tub changes on the JK's at all? since '07? But that may be part specific.

·
Premium Member
2011 JKU Sahara 2.5” AEV lift with geo brackets steering stabilizer Warn winch & K&N cool air intake
1,772 Posts
These sure will fit and he will love them! Now can I get you to send my wife some tips my birthday is next week and I want a $3500 lift and she doesn't need a new bathroom. :wavey:

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Am i the only one that thinks its him posting? My wife wouldn't have a clue what fenders or lifts are, and in the OP terminology is right on. Oh and no offense but i have never heard a women use the word refabing. lol
You're probably the only one. When she started the thread she used a smiley face. Would he do that? Come to think of it anything is possible.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Scottmich001 said:
I see no words, sentences, or paragraphs that makes me believe it isnt a woman.

Shes well spoken.

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
Which means it is a woman. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.