Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The message center on the bottom of the speedometer gauge says "tire" with picture below it. That's it. I can't figure out what that means.

The light comes and goes. There is no stored code in the computer. Sometimes when I open the door and get in the code is displayed. Sometimes it is not. This is not related to tire pressure.

So what is it?

2018 JK Sport. Nope, didn't want the JL.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
149 Posts
your hand book and or down load the manual to get this info

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tpms light is not on. Also, when tire pressure goes lower than 30# there is a different message in the cluster driver display, so I don't think that error is a tire pressure issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The tpms light is not on. Also, when tire pressure goes lower than 30# there is a different message in the cluster driver display, so I don't think that error is a tire pressure issue. Thanks.
There will be no fault code as what you're seeing is not the CEL light. It is a TPMS notification. Refer to page 312 of your 660 page PDF manual for further explanation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My pdf manual has 518 pages. I couldn't find one online that has 660 pages. I read over the tpms section of the manual and I didn't see the error code that I referred to in the original post. Could you please tell me what your 660 page pdf manual says about the specific error message I mentioned in the original post? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My pdf manual has 518 pages. I couldn't find one online that has 660 pages. I read over the tpms section of the manual and I didn't see the error code that I referred to in the original post. Could you please tell me what your 660 page pdf manual says about the specific error message I mentioned in the original post? Thanks.
There are a different number of pages in the manual for different applications which is actually irrelevant. What you're seeing is not an error message it is a warning indicator and it is telling you there is a fault with the TPMS system. Low tire, bad sensor, loss of communication, etc. It is in your manual somewhere.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If it is a picture of the cross section of a tire with an exclamation point in the middle, it is the TPMS warning of low tire pressure in one or more tires. If you have the Connectivity option, then you should have the menus activated by the menu button on the steering wheel.

If you hit the compass button (lower left corner of the left set of buttons), then the first press of the menu button takes you to digital speedometer, the next press takes you to average fuel mpg, the next press takes you to distance to empty tank, the next press takes you to the display with the tire pressure of each tire on the ground.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This message comes up intermittently. Next time I will take a picture of it to post for you guys. The tire pressures are 36# and the display agrees with that . The orange TPMS light has never been on.
Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts