Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Message says "Remote start disabled - system fault." This is what is displayed at the bottom of the speedometer when the remote start doesn't work. I press the keyfob twice and the lights blink but the JK doesn't start.
There are no codes stored in the computer. No, I'd rather not take it to the dealer unless I have to. Thanks.

What do you think?

2018 JK sport. Nope, didn't want the JL.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I had this. It was an error code that had to be fixed before the remote start would work. Can't remember which one, might have been the thermostat. Sorry, been a long year or I would remember better. Basically had to fix the CEL code before it would work if I recall correctly.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I’ve had that happen when low on gas. It usually woukd say, remote start not activated, low gas, but I did get the message you have as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always have above a half tank of gas. I have opened and shut again all doors, rear gate, and hood as the obvious ones the manual mentions. The manual says if it's one of those it will say that in the message anyway.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
is There a check engine light on? That can cause the same message. Also, unscrew your gas cap, and put it back on, that can cause it too (as strange as that sounds)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts