Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can find plenty of the new military platic 5-gal water jugs. Anyone know a source for the mteal ones? I'm afraid my OR-Fab rack wouldn't properly support one of the plastic jugs.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
My Garvin works fine with a plastic one. What problem do you see having with a plastic jug?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I've seen metal cans on ebay.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Garvin works fine with a plastic one. What problem do you see having with a plastic jug?

The OR-Fab rack grabs the lip on the bottom of the metal jery can for the bottom support and the pinches throught the loop handle at top to secure.

The bottom lip is the result of the seam beatween the bootm of the can and the sides. Most of the plastic ones don't look like they'd have anything to grab on the bottom as blow molded stuff is typically radiused.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Look up Blitz jerry cans on your browser, you'll find what you need.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
The OR-Fab rack grabs the lip on the bottom of the metal jery can for the bottom support and the pinches throught the loop handle at top to secure.

The bottom lip is the result of the seam beatween the bootm of the can and the sides. Most of the plastic ones don't look like they'd have anything to grab on the bottom as blow molded stuff is typically radiused.
I see. Try this site: http://www.offroadrecovery.com/ this is where I bought mine and it looks like they have several choices.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You could attach one of these to the rack and eliminate the problem all together:

I think you are better off transporting water in a plastic jug instead of a metal can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts