Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
METALCLOAK

Saw this lift kit and it looks interesting, I am looking for 2.5" of lift and improved on/off road handling. 95% of my driving will be on pavement but for the other 5% I have a legitimate need for off road road performance and capability (family property access road with washouts, occasional river crossings, downed trees, snow, washboard, etc). I originally was looking at the Mopar 2" lift and I am curious how you guys feel this compares? Obviously the Mopar includes shocks and a drive shaft and can be had for nearly the same price. The alternative is going with the 2.5" True Dual rate. I saw the game changer but I think for now that is overkill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
I called MC to get their advice on kits for my needs (same as yours: 95% daily, 5% 4x4) and they suggested the Overland Elite too. But I'm a huge fan of Fox shocks so they also recommended their True Dual kit.

Either way, if you do get Fox shocks, they were very specific about needing to be BDS valved. As a side note, Fox now owns BDS as of ~18 months ago.

Here are the p/n's:

MC Fox BDS valved p/n FRONT 98224922 REAR 98224959
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I just installed the same kit you are looking at. This is my first jeep, so I can't compare to any past personal experience but so far I am very happy with the kit. It rides well on the highway. Haven't gone off-road yet so I can't comment on that. I didn't use their brake lines because I will end up putting crown on all 4 corners because I like the factory bracket on the crowns. I also ended up using the factory rear sway bar end links on the front because the MC links rubbed on the frame crossmember. You could grind the crossmember down some but I didn't want to do that. I think for the price you will get a more than capable kit that comes very complete. Just make sure you have large jack stands because there is a lot of droop on this lift.

I had exhaust spacers on, but took it off. The spacers would not properly seal after 5 times of readjusting, so I got mad and just ordered a driveshaft. You can run without the spacers but I wouldn't recommend doing that on the trails. PM me if you have any questions.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top