Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have there products with powder coating? I plan on buying there fenders but didnt know how tough the powder coating is.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Rub a rock and it will come off. Even the best powdercoating scrapes off. Even though its kind of a hassle i just buy stuff raw and paint it.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
In Plattsburgh, raw won't last long, and just plain painted isn't much better. Go with the powder coat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
CT93YJ said:
Its great i smash my fenders up on trees and rocks and have not had any problems with it.
I've had mine up against several trees as well without problems. The powdercoating is quite tough.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I wish it wasnt so expensive for the fenders powdercoated.

·
Vendor
170 Posts
Thanks for the question... and remember, our powdercoating uses a Zinc based primer that does an incredible job battling the elements and preventing rust.

For those who have scratched the Black Textured Powdercoat, a simple touch-up with Rustoleum Black Textured Paint will help them look good as new.

Here's a blog post on the touch up:

On the Rocks... a Blog: How to Clean Up "Rock Rash" on your Powdercoat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts