Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm, when did this start?

I just found this on my 2017 engine and I'm super stocked about it. What a pleasant surprise. I guess FCA quietly updated this part from plastic to metal.

It exists as aftermarket as well. Just found a Dorman version 902-3102.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...g-system-crossover-line/9023102/6054161?pos=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooling-System-Crossover-Line-Dorman-902-3102-/133199603475

However, while some places seem to list it (wrongly?) for the updated 2nd gen. Pentastar only, others (including Dorman) list it for our Pentastar.

In any event the thermostat housing of the updated 2nd gen. Pentastar is different (it has 3 bolts vs. 2 bolts on ours), so given this part appears to show 2 bolts for the thermostat, it should fit our engine.
In addition and to add to the confusion, the same Dorman part number 902-3102 seem to refer to both plastic and metal versions.

In any case it must exist as Mopar Part as well, after all it is on my engine. However I was not able to find any updated Mopar Part number for it yet. Mopar Part number 5184653AF shows a plastic version. As metal version, I only found it listed as integral part of the Timing Cover 68079231AE. Hopefully FCA has it available as separate part as well, for those who have interest in it.

·
Premium Member
9,626 Posts
I just went out and looked at mine, it is metal. The thermostat housing however is plastic. And you are correct that there is no part number for this. You can get the gasket or as part of buying the whole timing case cover. Part number 68079231AE is good for 2012-2018.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your Jeep?
I wonder when this "revision" started?

I checked some OEM parts lists and while it seems pictured among the parts, there is no part in the corresponding parts offering. I wonder if it became part of the timing cover assembly and no longer sold separately? In that case at least Dorman seems to offer it for those who are interested in this.

·
Premium Member
9,626 Posts
what year is your jeep?
I wonder when this "revision" started?

I checked some oem parts lists and while it seems pictured among the parts, there is no part in the corresponding parts offering. I wonder if it became part of the timing cover assembly and no longer sold separately? In that case at least dorman seems to offer it for those who are interested in this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts