Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there are also metal bumper end caps to convert the oem junk to a stubby bumper. Which matches better, because the steel seems otherwise pointless to me, or is a steel endcap better?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I see there are also metal bumper end caps to convert the oem junk to a stubby bumper. Which matches better, because the steel seems otherwise pointless to me, or is a steel endcap better?
Here's a thread that has both the plastic and the metal endcaps in em. Seems there are advantages to both...though I think both look great. When you see the "before" and "after" pics, you really realize the difference.

Anyway, this should keep you busy till some people post some answers for you. Slow night tonight. :)

Stubby Front Bumper Installed.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Neither are going to provide any more protection. The steel will be heavier but both look the same and are mounted the same way. Since RC introduced them into the market at the same price as the original, you can't go wrong with them. You need to decide whether you like the rounded edged off look of the VDP bummper kit or the RC one. I went with the RC one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts