Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys,

Just installed my Metalcloack corners armor and replaced the rear break lights with their kit. Fallow the splicing instruction and now my turn signal is blinking fast. Light are working fine just otherwise.

Does this have something to do with the wattage those new lights use and is that why the on board computer believes they are out?

Any solution to fix? This is on a new JK 2013 btw.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yes,led lights will do that because of the wattage..my rock crawler has led's and blinks normal but I have no idea how it was done..perhaps a different flasher

·
Registered
58 Posts
If they are LED lights, you need to change the flasher.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they are LED lights, you need to change the flasher.
Thanks man! Yeah figured I would have to go down that road, any part number recommended for a 2013 or write up on changing the flasher? Want to make sure I get the right one!

Just found this :

"I'm betting you will have LOTS of fun with this one...

The JK does not have a flasher. The computer or the TIPM (Totally integrated power module, located right in front of the battery) controls the flashing.

The clicking sound you hear as the flasher is just an electromechanical relay mounted in the dash cluster to make it sound like a flasher.

If you find a way to solve this, please post it here as I'm sure many more will run into this same issue.
__________________"

So is his going to be a pain... damn technology and on board computers... used to be so easy!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
on harleys that I build I use a little box called a smart blink to wire the turn signals through..this eliminates the flasher,has automatic canceling,emergency flashers,etc...no doubt there is something made for autos too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts