Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase these shocks because they seem pretty promising, would fox or someone else be better? Also does anybody know any coupons/ discount codes for metalcloak? @$420 a pice anything to lower the price would help.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Call them and ask. Tell them you will stick a big fat metal cloak sticker on your rig for 10% off. Or just get them and forget the bs. They look super promising. I have seen minimal people shelling out for them. I will try them next year. Better than a remote mount for crawling purposes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call them and ask. Tell them you will stick a big fat metal cloak sticker on your rig for 10% off. Or just get them and forget the bs. They look super promising. I have seen minimal people shelling out for them. I will try them next year. Better than a remote mount for crawling purposes.
I will stick to the jeep motto:

Just Empty Every Pocket

and probably just pay full for them. I just am hesitant to drop the $1800 on them. I am teetering on the edge just based solely on the fact that not too many people have them which could be a good and bad thing.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I am running the full Game Changer with 6 packs. They are AWSOME. As mentioned above however if you are not running enough suspension travel to justify them or are going to then you may not need theses shocks. Overall they provide a fabulous ride on and off road! Well wither the money.

Use this link http://www.metalcloak.com/?Click=2552. Place your order the. Call Matson at Metal Cloak, tell him I referred you and u, and he will hook u up on shipping.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have their duroflex lift kit so these shocks would actually benefit me. Pay day is today so.....

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
I have their duroflex lift kit so these shocks would actually benefit me. Pay day is today so.....
It's not just the lift, but rather, the articulation as well. I would love to get these but for now, I'm keeping the stock flares and running 37s. The combination is limiting my flex, so besides for the cool factor, they probably won't add anything for me that the OME shocks aren't already doing.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Like the others have said, if you don't do their fender flares too, you will not take full advantage of the articulation and will pay a lot of money for just cool looking shocks.

If you planing on running stock flares or any other aftermarket flat fender, you are better of with a cheeper shock.

Give them a call and they can explain it in detail to you. Good luck on your choose. :punk:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have these on my LJ and love them. I did the upgrade kit with springs and shocks last year. I have no issues with them and love the travel. MetalCloak is great on customer service and install support so call them if you need it. If you have the Duroflex joints now the next thing is to get the travel out of the suspension. You will not find another shock that will do what the 6 Packs will do for you. I was able to remove almost 2 inches of bump stop in the front and rear and it made the ride so much better at high speed.

You will at some point need to look at fenders to clear a larger tire. Until that point there is always a little trimming that can be done with a steady hand and a sawzall. MetalCloak also has a front fender kit that will give you more room in the inner fender well.

Have fun with the build.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought them and looking forward to installing them. I will be running 3" bump to start but I like their fenders when I can raise the money :) or even trim the stock ones a bit.

·
Registered
784 Posts
MC makes great stuff. If you have anything limiting your uptravel, fenders, big tires, your wasting your cash. The advantage to them is uptravel, not droop. If you can't go up in the fender you might as well stick with a standard shock. Man 1800 bucks. Honestly you can get a complete Bolt-on coilover kit for 1 axle for that price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good choice. Once you get the shocks installed you can flex the jeep and see where you need to trim and how long you will need to make your bump stops. There is a lot of travel in the 6pak shocks so making sure you have enough down and up travel with out pulling break lines or rubbing fenders and frame parts is the key. Have fun and remember there is always something else to do on the J.E.E.P. I have tried to do it the way I want to the first time. Its more expensive up front but in the long run you are not upgrading the same parts over and over again. :thumb::thumb:

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts
mc makes great stuff. If you have anything limiting your uptravel, fenders, big tires, your wasting your cash. The advantage to them is uptravel, not droop. If you can't go up in the fender you might as well stick with a standard shock. Man 1800 bucks. Honestly you can get a complete bolt-on coilover kit for 1 axle for that price.
x3

·
Registered
493 Posts
I want to take there shocks and lower my mounts to keep my compression where its at and make the rest droop...
Good stuff quality company for sure....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is a 3.5" lift on 35" tires with (soon to be) flat fenders. How am I limiting the shocks at all?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts