Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just purchased a 2013 jku rubicon with 35'' and it had a rough country x series 4'' lift kit on it from previous owner I am interested in getting a better lift kit to replace the crappy one that's on it and the two kits I'm interested in are the game changer from metalcloak and the triple threat from rk any suggestions thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
First, Kudos for recognizing poor lift kit quality and investing in a replacement. Second both of those kits are great choices. If you go with the the MC I would consider opting out of the 6 Pak Edition. Those shocks have a lot of moving parts which at some point will translate to a lot of maintenance.

What are you looking for performance wise (flex, articulation,ride, handling)?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have the 3.5 MC but went with the Rancho 9000's. Drives better than stock on the road and has a ton of flex. Have done very little off road until I can replace tire carrier and get some sliders first, but did very good with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, Kudos for recognizing poor lift kit quality and investing in a replacement. Second both of those kits are great choices. If you go with the the MC I would consider opting out of the 6 Pak Edition. Those shocks have a lot of moving parts which at some point will translate to a lot of maintenance. What are you looking for performance wise (flex, articulation,ride, handling)?
Yes for the metalcloak I was going with the arb route where they have the ome shocks and all the metalcloak bells and whistles and I was Mainly looking for a package that would do all the above so better ride flex and all the other goodies

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
yeah i ordered the 3.5" arb edition a couple weeks ago for my '13 jkur. i would disagree on the 6pak shocks, they are incredible. however, it is pointless unless you have aftermarket fenders. if you do then i would consider it. one thing that is really nice, call metalcloak. they will answer all your questions. there is a reason they picked OME shocks for their kit and that is the shock they recommend because of the travel it provides and great on road handling/comfort. snarf77 on this forum boiled his choice down to the same 2 kits and ended up going metalcloak. he has a great build thread that you should read.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i ordered the 3.5" arb edition a couple weeks ago for my '13 jkur. i would disagree on the 6pak shocks, they are incredible. however, it is pointless unless you have aftermarket fenders. if you do then i would consider it. one thing that is really nice, call metalcloak. they will answer all your questions. there is a reason they picked OME shocks for their kit and that is the shock they recommend because of the travel it provides and great on road handling/comfort. snarf77 on this forum boiled his choice down to the same 2 kits and ended up going metalcloak. he has a great build thread that you should read.
Thank you, I'm leaning more towards the metalcloak but am still debating on the two

1 - 7 of 7 Posts