Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the Game-Changer set up...I watched a video and I was really impressed by it

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I have the MC Gamechanger Fox Edition on order.

Supposed to arrive in about 2 weeks.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Yup I got it. It rides really good on road and does great off road. Most people are going to say "ITS GREAT." This is my first lifted Jeep so I can't compare but I can tell you what I do know. Between 0 - 20 MPG its kinda bumpy. My jeep runs light so maybe with more weight it will be better. But once you get into higher speeds it really smooths out. Its actually a little weird at first not slowing for speed bumps but it really does soak them up.

Off road the articulation is great. Again I can't compare but I do know it flexes out more then other lifts. I have followed Jeeps on trails and watched them on 3 wheels (even rocking back and forth on 2) but when I go over the same obstacle I keep all 4 on the ground.

If you can afford it and want a complete kit I would recommend it. I'm sure there are other kits that are great as well but that being said I'd but MC again. My neighbor actually purchased a MC lift as well for his Jeep and also likes it.

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Definitely one of the top of the line lifts for our JK's.

In fact, it's even picking up some "value" with the addition of their new shocks.

You buy the MC Duroflex version of their lift and add their new Rocksport shocks. The only piece that's missing is the rear adjustable track bar. And you can add that at any time, but their bracket is also designed to work perfectly with the stock track bar. Saves hundreds with no drop off in performance.

Really nice stuff.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Does Metal Cloak use any vendors - the only one I can find is Northridge 4x4 and according to their web site they do not offer the Duroflex Suspension kit ( all control arms but no shocks)...
Would like to entertain the MetalCloak option for my soon to be purchasing Rubicon build but they are much higher then the equal 3.5 RK combo kit from NorthRidge4x4, Trying to keep cost low...

Also, I currently use the Rancho 9000's and LOVE them, no complaints whatsoever but I see lots of people using the Fox option - am I missing out on something by not going the FOX 2.0 route?
Doing my research again before I make the Purchase

I currently have the RK 2.5 flex / Rancho combo - drives great - but after putting on the PS Brawler/skid/Superwinch synthetic last week , my front dropped 1/2" - not making mods to my current set up as the bumper will be removed to be installed on the Rubicon

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought my Game Changer from Northridge 4x4. They don't have the kits on the website, but they do sell them (since they carry all the parts).

Chat on the website and they can put together what you are looking for.

I went with the OME (black) shocks. Haven't used them yet and I have nothing to compare to so no help there.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have the duroflex kit with Rancho 9000's and have no regrets. Would do it again if I bought another Jeep.
Good to hear - did you go 2.5 or 3.5 ? any other comments you mind sharing?

Where did you purchase from?

Mind PM'ing me the price ?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Good to hear - did you go 2.5 or 3.5 ? any other comments you mind sharing? Where did you purchase from? Mind PM'ing me the price ?
I went 3.5 and ordered straight from Metal Cloak. It's a good set up, all very solid pieces, rides and handles very good. I work a lot and don't get to get it off road very often but what I have done I have been impressed with. As far as price it was whatever on their website at the time, I think right at 2000 plus shocks and I added an extra set of brake lines for the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have heard nothing but great words about MetalCloak product. After a lot of research, I decided to go with the MetalCloak Gamechanger 6 pak. I am working with MetalCloak and CloakWorks 4x4 right now on the build. I will post an update once the install is complete and get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I remember correctly the big difference you get in a MetalCloak lift vs Rock Krawler is that the Metal Cloak lift is designed for 50% up and 50% down travel and the RK lift is designed as a 33% up and 66% down. Metalcloak gives you a bit more room to soak up bigger rocks at higher speeds while RK lets you reach down a little farther during rock crawling.

That being said, I have 40K miles on my MetalCloak with OME shocks. I could not be happier with performance on and off road. I have done plenty of rock crawling around Moab with it and have found that my desire to keep dents off the jeep is a bigger limitation than the capability of my lift. I have also done a lot of trails in the Colorado Rockies and found that I can generally drive faster and more competently than many other vehicles without being bounced around uncomfortably.

I have spent several thousand miles off road with it and I have only had one bushing failure and that appears to have been caused by a worn out ball joint rather than the fault of MC quality. When I called MC about the bushing, they sent me a new one for free even though I had purchased it from them about 2 years and 38k miles before. (I would probably recommend buying from them because of this. If I remember right I also called them and got a small discount originally.) They have been nothing but helpful.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have the 3.5 Game Changer OME installed about a week ago now. Have not offroaded with it yet but daily driving is improved. The most notable improvement is the lack of body roll. It feels tighter now and I dont feel like I have to take corners at granny speed. lol It may be slightly stiffer...I'm not entirely decided on that but I know they say it takes a bit for shocks to wear in and I'm running KM2 tires which could also be contributing to a stiffer feel. Everything feels good though and I took it to get aligned the other day and they said everything was good.

For comparison, my son has the 3.5 Dual Rate with Rocksports installed same time as mine, about a week ago. I have not driven in his yet but he noted that it feels more "flighty" which is the opposite of what I feel in mine. When we took his for alignment, they said his rear is out 1/2" and there is nothing they can adjust to correct it so it will always pull to the right. That's not a great feeling either...not sure what will correct this? His kit did not come with the rear adjustable trackbar and only had front upper control arms which I believe is the only difference in our kits. I'm not sure what he needs but its a bummer that he has to buy more parts to fix it if that is the case. Gotta research it some more and see what can be done.

So I like my game changer but verdict is still out on the dual rate for now...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Metalcloak, IMO, makes the very highest quality Jeep products out there.

Personally - I have the 3.5" Game Changer Fox Edition (A tad stiff for me, but I might change out the shocks later on) and the Overline fenders & exoskin\rock rail combo.

I did actually have a problem with the exoskins they shipped me. Let me tell you though - they handle issues as well as anyone possibly can. I'm really impressed with the customer service. They answer the phone right off the bat with no stupid VRU, punch 1 for English crap. You get a live human being who actually knows what they're talking about. I called them yesterday for a technical question and was only only the phone for about 3 mins. They gave me a direct answer quickly. The exoskin issue was a mistake, yes, but they made it right with me in short order without any hassle. Can't ask for better customer service.

Yep - I'm a fan and I will be buying more of their stuff in the future. I really like it when a US Company who puts guys like me to work, builds super high quality stuff and then stands behind them. We need more companies like that and less of this cheap chinese built crap out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts