Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at using their Lite kit on JKU Rubi with my 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I don't want to run flat fenders and do want to keep the stock ones intact. Can anyone assist with knowing the viability of running the 3.5" coils coupled with the Rubicon Express 1.75" coil spacers all the way around? I realize with the flex this kit gives I'd probable have to run at least the 3" bumpstops but I am thinking this would net me the clearance I need to keep the stock fenders. I have a car I drive daily so the jeep application will be nights during he week and around town on the weekens. I will wheel moderately most of the time. We may do some really difficult stuff once a year at most so I could always pull the stock fenders and run without for that trip. A pain I know, but I think worth it for what I want to do with the jeep. Most other wheeling I think will be fine by limiting myself with the full 4 " bumpstops and keep a great onroad experience as well. Any and all info is welcomed good or bad.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looking at using their Lite kit on JKU Rubi with my 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I don't want to run flat fenders and do want to keep the stock ones intact. Can anyone assist with knowing the viability of running the 3.5" coils coupled with the Rubicon Express 1.75" coil spacers all the way around? I realize with the flex this kit gives I'd probable have to run at least the 3" bumpstops but I am thinking this would net me the clearance I need to keep the stock fenders. I have a car I drive daily so the jeep application will be nights during he week and around town on the weekens. I will wheel moderately most of the time. We may do some really difficult stuff once a year at most so I could always pull the stock fenders and run without for that trip. A pain I know, but I think worth it for what I want to do with the jeep. Most other wheeling I think will be fine by limiting myself with the full 4 " bumpstops and keep a great onroad experience as well. Any and all info is welcomed good or bad.

Thanks,
Michael

I've been talking to these guys about thier lift and from what I know about them it would be a waste of your money to go with this lift if your not going to go with flat fenders since the amount of articulation the lift gives you would put the tires into your fenders. There are cheaper lifts out there that will do what you want without spending a small fortune on a lift that you wont take full advantage of.

Just food for thought

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pending the weight of your Jeep the 3.5" will give you over 4" and will be enough for the 37's with adequate bumpstops (probably 4"). I'd leave the spacers out. bcj366 is right about limiting up travel keeping the factory fenders but that is only half the equation. This lift is also going to give you crazy drop too. I think your plan is good for day to day and when it comes to day to day that lift is going to ride better than other options out there so stick with Metalcloak.

I've been reading everything I can find of Metalcloak and have talked with them. I'm probably going to start with the 2.5" Dual-Rate ARB edition and plan on 3" bumps to run 35's. Later on, if I go flat fenders, I can remove some bumpstop. Until that time, I'm gonna gain the lift to clear the 35's, greatly increase the ride on the road and give me great performance off-road. Plus, it will be easy to upgrade the kit as I get more money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been talking to these guys about thier lift and from what I know about them it would be a waste of your money to go with this lift if your not going to go with flat fenders since the amount of articulation the lift gives you would put the tires into your fenders. There are cheaper lifts out there that will do what you want without spending a small fortune on a lift that you wont take full advantage of.

Just food for thought
Well I believe that is valid and truly appreciate you responding, however I am wondering if the extra 1.75" spacer will alleviate the tires in the fenders or if that is irrelevant and they will still stuff. The other lift I had always settled on until recently researching the Metalcloak gamechanger Lite is the Teraflex 4" full flex arm. It's basically a wash price wise I believe. I do not want any lesser lift just to spend less $. I can afford it and want the best I can get. I want great on road drivability and the option to flex off road in a very high capacity when i want to use it that way. Even if I only need its full capabilities once or twice per year I'd like to have that while only using its moderate capability the rest of the time. Just trying to determine if what I am proposing works mechanically or if it will still stuff with the extra spacers and use of maxed out bump stops when I run the moderate over landing/camping stuff. Anyone have an idea or just recommend calling them? If so who should I ask for? Anyone with experience with these two lifts please chime n. I am open to all info and viewpoints. It may educate me to a better extent and change my mind on which lift to purchase.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pending the weight of your Jeep the 3.5" will give you over 4" and will be enough for the 37's with adequate bumpstops (probably 4"). I'd leave the spacers out. bcj366 is right about limiting up travel keeping the factory fenders but that is only half the equation. This lift is also going to give you crazy drop too. I think your plan is good for day to day and when it comes to day to day that lift is going to ride better than other options out there so stick with Metalcloak.

I've been reading everything I can find of Metalcloak and have talked with them. I'm probably going to start with the 2.5" Dual-Rate ARB edition and plan on 3" bumps to run 35's. Later on, if I go flat fenders, I can remove some bumpstop. Until that time, I'm gonna gain the lift to clear the 35's, greatly increase the ride on the road and give me great performance off-road. Plus, it will be easy to upgrade the kit as I get more money.
Thanks for that feedback! I am going to be fairly heavy some of the time. I have an AEV front bumper, Superwinch Epi 9.0S winch, a Shrockworks rear full width with basket and Jerry can mounts. Will prob carry my really heavy duty hitch hauler from Gander mountain a lot of the time for camping equipment when driving to location. Most likely will wheel with 4 in the jeep and I'm the small one at 5' 9" 185. Others are 220lbs to 260lbs so it could be a heavy jeep sometimes when wheeling. I like the idea of the ride quality that I'm hearing in feedback and flexing capability when wanted in different situations. Who did you talk to over there that can listen to my desired application of the jeep on an all around basis and can educate/consult as to whether their product is suitable or not with the spacers and bump stops. I think I'll need at least 3/4 to 1 " spacers and the 1.75" may be overkill or may not be. I could be completely off and this would make it ride like crap, I don't know and trying to find out. Thanks guys!

·
Vendor
80 Posts
The Gamechanger lite works great with stock and standard flat fenders. The 6paks in the Full Gamechanger are designed to make use of Our Overline fenders. With the proper bump stops 37's should work without any major issues. Feel free to give me a call and we can discuss your build in detail.

Thank you
Will

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Gamechanger lite works great with stock and standard flat fenders. The 6paks in the Full Gamechanger are designed to make use of Our Overline fenders. With the proper bump stops 37's should work without any major issues. Feel free to give me a call and we can discuss your build in detail.

Thank you
Will
Good deal, will do. I look forward to speaking with you about this. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts