Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the metalcloak game changer lift. I am looking to install on a 15 JKU Rubicon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I installed the 3.5 ARB edition earlier this year and I am very pleased with the results. I have taken it out on some of the harder trails here in CO and the performance, in my opinion, was outstanding. On the road the Jeep feels solid and confident...I have driven from Boulder to Casper with the cruise at 80 with no negative observations.

The tag seems high compared to some others, but I feel that you get what you pay for and I would buy it again with no hesitation or reservation.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
I have that kit in a 14 JKU. I do a lot of of off roading and its been great. Just drive my family of 4 from so cal to Death Valley (4 hrs) and it was fine. No complaints on its performance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I also have the ARB Edition and love it, LOT of flex off road and drives nice on road. i have been beating on mine for 2 years now and no problems

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Also have the 3.5 ARB edition on my 2012 JKUR. Handles ver good on and off road. Numerous country trips to Texas and California from NM. Very stable and smooth on the highway. Also numerous off road adventures in the Silverton and Monarch area of CO. Here again handled everything.

I also like the fact that the kit comes complete. No need to try to figure out what will or won't work with it. The instructions are also good. Just read them over several times.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I guess you ARB guys don't read so good huh? We're talking about quality lifts here. No swill.

Just kidding............It takes all kinds.

Got plenty of Metal Cloak under my JK. 3.5" lift. Love them and their products. On the Hwy and off road no complaints and will continue purchasing from them as $ allows.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I guess you ARB guys don't read so good huh? We're talking about quality lifts here. No swill.

Just kidding............It takes all kinds.

Got plenty of Metal Cloak under my JK. 3.5" lift. Love them and their products. On the Hwy and off road no complaints and will continue purchasing from them as $ allows.
I think they are talking about The MetalCloak JK Wrangler 2.5"/3.5" Game Changer Suspension Kit, Long Travel ARB Edition.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have my 2.5 game changer (rocksport) sitting in boxes in the living room. Saturday is install day, looking forward to hitting the trails.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have the GC'r and I take it on trips all the time.
I did a 5500 mile trip this Summer and just finished another 3300 mile trip to remote Idaho, MOAB and the Grand Canyon.

Great ride and it doubled my trailer towing capacity.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info, I am defiantly going with this kit for sure now. What size tires are you guys running with the 3.5" kit. I have a rubicon and want to run at least 37" tires and maybe 40's if they will clear with metal cloak fenders and not rub.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am defiantly going with this kit for sure now. What size tires are you guys running with the 3.5" kit. I have a rubicon and want to run at least 37" tires and maybe 40's if they will clear with metal cloak fenders and not rub.
37s will fit. I run 35s. Make sure you know what your getting into in regards to cost by running 37s. It's not as easy as just slapping them on if you want it done right.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm running 37s with their 2.5" coils + 1" spacer up front to level it out. Expect major body trimming in the rear if you want to fit 40s.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
37" tires will be fine just want to get the most out of it without cutting and chopping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the GameChanger Fox Edition and am very happy with the performance. Buddy has the same with the 6-Pack shocks and it works like a champ.

Great product, great company, but you will have to wait several weeks to receive it after ordering...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got the MC 3.5 ome. Very nice complete kit, I added the ome steering stabilizer and aev procal that's it.
Ride is great, no lean in corners, no bump steer.

image-1337931846.jpg

Here they are check jn for clearances. Only needed 2 inch bump in rear and 3 in front with factory fenders.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well. I must be the oddball of the group. I installed the 2.5" Metalcloak lift (gamechanger minus the shocks) I chose Rancho 9000's as I liked the versatility of the different settings on my last Jeep. Well after 3 weeks of driving on road and 1 weekend off road ( 2 days of hard wheeling) , I decided I did not like the ride of the Metalcloak coils.
The ride was harsh on the washboard roads and felt harsh on the black top roads.... Just wasn't to my liking and I was ready to switch the coils out. This is after I tried multiple settings on the Rancho 9000's.

SO let me explain further- MY 15 JKU Sport I had
Duratrac 315/70-17 @ 34 psi , RR XHD wheels , Rock Kralwer 2.5 Flex lift and Rancho 9000's
I removed the wheels/tires from the sport prior to trade and reinstalled on my 16 JKU Rubicon
So then I installed the Metal Cloak 2.5 lift with all 8 control arms, trac bar, coils etc, the 315 Duratracs and Rancho 9000's.

My Fix that worked for me and mind you I am not bashing anyone's products but I will say, what has brought me comfort was switching to Rock Krawler 3.5" coils.

I swapped out coils yesterday and kept all control arm settings the same - WOW - Im finally enjoying the ride of my new Jeep - To be honest I really didnt like the ride when I first bought the jeep ( BTW this is my 3rd JKU and 4th jeep)

SO as my jeep is sitting right now , I have PSC brawler front bumper/skid /winch 156# and a LOD rear Bumper 125# Shocks set to 6/front and 6/rear = RIDES great !!!!!!

What I thought was strange is when I compared the RK 3.5 coil to the MC 2.5 coil they were equal in height. - When I measured my 4 corners from ground to the bottom lip of stock fenders on the MC 2.5" lift I had a average height of 40" ( this was before I added front and rear bumpers). When I measured the RK 3.5" lift with front and rear bumpers the same average height of 40" was attained.
Unfortunately I forgot to measure the MC 2.5 with front and rear bumpers ( Was a busy weekend installing both) -- arrgh.

I'm adding another post in a minute about my Jeep lean and rear axle offset to drivers side - otherwise I'm happy with my ride comfort and can say its much improved. My wife also noticed an immediate difference in ride comfort as its hard to keep her out of the drivers seat...lol

Rear Coils

1 - 20 of 23 Posts