Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2011 JK.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my 2.5" suspension lift. Currently running stock OE on spacers and extension brackets (no geo correction). Definitely scary at freeway speeds. The PO was probably a mall crawler at best. My current "lift" doesnt even have bumpstops. Thinking MetalCloak dual rate 2.5 or 3.5" lift (same price) with rocksport shocks or JKS J-Konnect 3.5" with Jspec shocks. Currently have a 2011 2dr. Will the 35s look too small with the 3.5" lift? Subjective question, i know. I have flat (smittybuilt?) fenders front and back. I dont plan to go to 37s till i regear.

Goal: DD and weekend warrior. No worries about squirrely suspension at freeway speeds or off-road damage when wheelin.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
You can't go wrong with metalcloak. I have no experience with the other one.

Reactions: AustyPosty

·
Premium Member
9,902 Posts
MetalCloak would be my recommendation. 2.5" GameChanger running 37's.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2017 Willys 2 door
192 Posts
Metalcloak seems to be one of the best lifts to get. I'm going with the metalcloak 2.5 Dual rate personally. I've seen people say it rides great, has a great "stackable" bumpstops that are easy to install and it has great flex.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will say this....... I do love my Metal Cloak....... but in my opinion..... 2.5 inch lift is really 3+ inches . I easily can run 80 miles an hour on mud tires and the jeep tracks factory smooth with my shocks on the stiff setting. I have zero problems at highway speeds

·
Registered
318 Posts
My vote for Metalcloak 2.5" lift! If you live in rust belt then you will still want to paint the arms if you like the gold finish. In dry climates the finish last a very long time but will turn dull and silver quickly in the rust belt. I would also add the 4 Duraspring bumpstops for under a $100; they are a great value and way better than the factory yellow/brown bumpstops. With a 2 door, I would also look into the rear spring correction wedges. The wedges may not be needed but it could be close; the 2 doors have a more drastic rear pinion angle change compared to 4 doors. You missed a 10% flash sale for Labor Day. Get on mailing list to get notified when next flash sale happens; probably black friday but there may be one sooner?

Full Metalcloak 6Pak gamechanger 2.5" lift plus 1" spacers. Springs are holding up well over 4 years.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2011 JK.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, 80 on the freeway is scary AF. I dont like doing more than 70ish. And off roading without bumpstops is asking for trouble....but this is...sigh...my...jeep (now). It seems like everyone is all in on metal cloak. Sucks to have missed a sale too. I may not wait for a sale. Cant buy a suspension if you wrecked on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
9,902 Posts
They also do black friday/cyber monday

·
Registered
81 Posts
Contact a local metal cloak dealer they might be able to work out a deal. I got mine about the same price as the deals they do going through a shop. Vs non deal through metalcloak

·
Premium Member
9,902 Posts
FYI if you are a veteran you get a 5% discount everyday.

·
Registered
835 Posts
There will be a sale for Halloween. Get on their mailing list because sometimes they will have a random flash sale too. Hell, they may have one to celebrate the first day of fall.

·
Registered
2011 JK.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking for that mailing list but couldnt find it. Any one have a link by chance?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I sent a email for a question that I had. Matson answered promptly and put me on the mailing list.....

Metalcloak 2.5 Game Changer netted me 3 & 3/8 inches.....

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
428 Posts
I sent a email for a question that I had. Matson answered promptly and put me on the mailing list.....

Metalcloak 2.5 Game Changer netted me 3 & 3/8 inches.....
I have whats left of a RC 3.5 lift and have sagged to about 2.75 Would love to be in the 3 to 3.25 range. So it looks like the 2.5 MC it is for me. Next year!

·
Premium Member
9,902 Posts
How much lift you get out of any lift is dependent on the weight of your vehicle. MC lift heights are based on having a fully armored rig, i.e. bumpers, winch, skids, sliders, etc. I am right at 2.5 inches and my rig weighs empty approx a 1000 lbs more than the day I bought it. If I really load it up I am below 2.5 inches and because of this I will probably move to 3.5 springs.

·
Premium Member
2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon
407 Posts
I'm probably moving to the MC 3.5" Game Changer from a 2.5" TF coil lift after adding all this steel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts