Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which full set of control arms are better quality, last longer, most flex? I've spoke with my shop and they tell me they like the MC ones but that the TF aren't a bad choice. They are recommending the MC's and I'm leaning more towards those because these guys are pretty gd at what they do. Just wanted some insight from others who may have experience with either. See signature for my specs. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like my rock krawler arms... but if I had to do it again maybe I end up with Metal Cloak.

If it is the same video where they show the arms flexing and how they are mounted you notice they do not show the Rock Krawler arms, I can only guess that RK and MC are both made near the same and do not have the same obvious issues that TeraFlex has.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly that's how I felt also about TF. I like the company but from what you guys have said and the bit of research I've done MC seems to be way ahead of the game when it comes to joints. Don't know much about the RK.

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
The Synergy arms have their new Dual Durometer Bushing in one end and a Johnny Joint on the other. Synergy claims 30 deg of mis-alignment in their bushing. I don't know if you can get that much installed in an arm, but add their 30 and the Johnny Joint 14.9 and you get 44.9 which exceeds the MC total mis-alignment.

Either way, it's another viable option for premium control arms. Plus, they are "NO JAM NUT" which is the best adjustment design for sure.

https://youtu.be/KD2Ap6hvPDg

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Do any of the people that say metal cloak actually have them? Or do you just like the video?

Maybe I just never watched the video.

There joints ain't all there cracked up to be.... Maybe 10k mi and already on my 2nd set of upper frame side joints.

Maybe im just hard on them with all the mall crawlin goin on here.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Do any of the people that say metal cloak actually have them? Or do you just like the video?

There joints ain't all there cracked up to be.... Maybe 10k mi and already on my 2nd set of upper frame side joints.

Have them. Love them. Only 17k though. Any joint will need occasional rebuilds if you thrash it enough. 10k sounds excessive though unless those miles are mostly off pavement.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
MetalCloak would definitely be my choice but regardless of your choice make sure you inspect and maintain them. They are not maintenance-free like the stock CAs.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts

Have them and love them. Only 2k miles on them so I cannot speak to longevity.

What happened to your joints when they needed rebuilding? Did the bushing break down? Just curious, it would be good to know what to watch for.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have them. Love them. Only 17k though. Any joint will need occasional rebuilds if you thrash it enough. 10k sounds excessive though unless those miles are mostly off pavement.
What do you have or have you had to compare them too??

It's my old lady's DD... It's more of a street queen but I definetly put it thru it's paces when I drive it offroad.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
What do you have or have you had to compare them too??

It's my old lady's DD... It's more of a street queen but I definetly put it thru it's paces when I drive it offroad.

Yikes, that thing is trashed.

Did you contact MC about this?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yep called them up, told them what was up and it was kinda like he thought I was bullshittin him, so I sent a bunch of pictures and they claimed that this had never happened before.

Couple days later I had a box on my porch. They definetly get 2 thumbs up in the customer service dept.

I'll rock the arms till I go long arm and I'll see what kinda condition they are in when I remove them.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Yep called them up, told them what was up and it was kinda like he thought I was bullshittin him, so I sent a bunch of pictures and they claimed that this had never happened before.

Couple days later I had a box on my porch. They definetly get 2 thumbs up in the customer service dept.

I'll rock the arms till I go long arm and I'll see what kinda condition they are in when I remove them.
Glad they took care of you. All these new flex joints seem to be leading edge right now. Even MC has had them what, a couple years now and you still don't hear a ton about them. Time and more folks trying them out will tell the story of how well they hold up.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience with the MC joints but the same thing can be said about any of the CAs : there are units that exhibit early failure.After analyzing the failures, I still stand by their arms but I prefer the MC arms. However, if you do your research this is not trend with those joints. When it comes to joints, simplicity is the key factor for durability and other than the factory bushingsit doesn't get any simpler than the MC joints.

For instance, I had a full set of Clayton's on my '09 and 3 joints failed within 11k miles. I still stand by their arms but I prefer the MC arms.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts