Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've been tossing this around in my head a little. I'd like to run larger tires IE 35's. With all the little issues like drive shafts and centering axles and steering alignment I'm thinking of holding off on lifting right now.

I have a 13 Rubicon and I am very happy with the ride and the suspension, I live in florida and don't have rocks or anything like that but would like to run larger tires and new wheels. Looking at these metalcloak fenders they advertise that you can run a 37 inch tire with no lift. The one they show on the site looks great, anybody have any comments? I'm not looking to be convinced to lift I'm looking for comments on issues I could run into with running 35's with stock suspension. I understand I would need gussets. I do minor trail rides, fire roads and a lot of sand. I like the lower center of gravity idea.

What do you guys think?

Anybody else done this?

JK Wrangler Fenders and Body Armor

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
There is only issues when going 3.5" and taller. Recentering axles is done via trackbar which should come with the lift. Don't let people's ignorance about lifting JK's scare you off

-Dan

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I may plan on doing the fenders first with probably some 35's and as the Jeep gets a little older I will slap on the lift and go wild with it. I did the same with my last TJ. Only problem was I went a little too wild and it wasnt fun at all to drive on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts