Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to upgrade my rock rails. I currently have a set of Barricade sliders and while they work OK, They are starting to bend at the mounts. They really are not designed to take the full weight of the Jeep.

I have a chance to pick up a set of Metalcloak sliders at a good price. Anyone have any experience with them? How do they mount? How solid are they? Will they support the weight of the Jeep?

Let me know your experiences with them and would you recommend them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not looking at the Overlanders but I would assume the mounting isn't much different.

I was hoping that these mounted to the frame, I'm not sure mounting to the tub is that great of an idea. Hopefully, someone else has these and can give me some real world experience.

I appreciate the link and looked it over.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Get a set that either bolt to the frame, or are frame welded. Poison Spider does some frame mounted (bolt on).

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a set that either bolt to the frame, or are frame welded. Poison Spider does some frame mounted (bolt on).
Thats why I'm asking questions. I'm thinking now, after seeing that review, that these are probably not what I'm looking for, even at $200.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i went with the poison spyder ricochet rockers on my jku. they bolt directly to the frame, but you will need to drill and tap 2 holes. harbor freight sells a tap kit that has the correct tap that you will need.

they have taken a couple hits that would have wrecked my rockers and are unscathed besides the bedliner. work pretty good as a step too!

i wanted the strongest mounting option, and these have the most reinforced brackets of any i have seen, and thats why i got them.

i did add a 1" body lift to allow for more clearance between the pinch seam and the rockers. this pic is without the body lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts