Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might start a thread on this lift kit since I have not found much recent chatter in the search function and have some questions.

So, I am upgrading from the Sahara. Loved it, bought it new off the lot and it had most of what I wanted. The Sahara has a good deal of trail rash and I expect the same again. I learned a lot and she will be missed but now I will be able to do the necessary mods and skip the ones that did not turn out as hoped.

Now I am wanting the D44 front, better TC reduction, heated leather and the stick. I have custom ordered a 2016 rubi, rhino, stick, heated leather seats, everything except nav & tow package…..waiting.

My plan is to keep my Duratracs since they are in excellent condition and I love my wheels. The Duratracs will….fit… but articulation will cause issues so here comes the lift. Obviously a rear bumper with tire carrier is a must with the heavy spare and am looking at the smittybuilt G2 with carrier – it looks nice and will be full width since I do not plan to replace or trim my fender flares. A VR10000 Warn will be included and a front bumper is anticipated though not necessarily on day 1.

I have been looking and thinking then thinking and looking. What I am planning now is the Metalcloak 3.5 with exhaust spacer. Being a stick, the driveshaft should not have any issues since, as I understand it, the AT front DS has a larger diameter then the MT version. I plan to use the stock Rubi shocks for now and they will be replaced by longer rancho 9000’s at a later date so the shock extensions are temporary.

Here are my questions:

This kit has adjustable UCA’s but no drop brackets for the front LCA’s. Would there a benefit to using the drop brackets as well to reset the caster or am I only going to have an issue with the pinion angle which is fixed via the adjustable UCA?

What issues has the community experienced with the installation and tweaking of the suspension with this lift?

With the rear trac bar relo bracket I do not expect to have an issue using the stock bar but has anyone experienced otherwise?

Any heads up comments / lessons learned during install?

This is going to be my DD as well as a weekend warrior. She WILL see some rocks, mud, brush and snow.

Any suggestions are welcome…especially from Kjeeper since he has helped out A LOT in the past and is the all-knowing, all seeing, source of Jeep lore and geometry.
:worthy:
:iamhappy:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Matador outlined the pros and cons of this lift in the Lifting in Steps thread but I am curious about install experiences/times/issues and suggestions on the LCA drop brackets.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thought I might start a thread on this lift kit since I have not found much recent chatter in the search function and have some questions. So, I am upgrading from the Sahara. Loved it, bought it new off the lot and it had most of what I wanted. The Sahara has a good deal of trail rash and I expect the same again. I learned a lot and she will be missed but now I will be able to do the necessary mods and skip the ones that did not turn out as hoped. Now I am wanting the D44 front, better TC reduction, heated leather and the stick. I have custom ordered a 2016 rubi, rhino, stick, heated leather seats, everything except nav & tow package…..waiting. My plan is to keep my Duratracs since they are in excellent condition and I love my wheels. The Duratracs will….fit… but articulation will cause issues so here comes the lift. Obviously a rear bumper with tire carrier is a must with the heavy spare and am looking at the smittybuilt G2 with carrier – it looks nice and will be full width since I do not plan to replace or trim my fender flares. A VR10000 Warn will be included and a front bumper is anticipated though not necessarily on day 1. I have been looking and thinking then thinking and looking. What I am planning now is the Metalcloak 3.5 with exhaust spacer. Being a stick, the driveshaft should not have any issues since, as I understand it, the AT front DS has a larger diameter then the MT version. I plan to use the stock Rubi shocks for now and they will be replaced by longer rancho 9000’s at a later date so the shock extensions are temporary. Here are my questions: This kit has adjustable UCA’s but no drop brackets for the front LCA’s. Would there a benefit to using the drop brackets as well to reset the caster or am I only going to have an issue with the pinion angle which is fixed via the adjustable UCA? What issues has the community experienced with the installation and tweaking of the suspension with this lift? With the rear trac bar relo bracket I do not expect to have an issue using the stock bar but has anyone experienced otherwise? Any heads up comments / lessons learned during install? This is going to be my DD as well as a weekend warrior. She WILL see some rocks, mud, brush and snow. Any suggestions are welcome…especially from Kjeeper since he has helped out A LOT in the past and is the all-knowing, all seeing, source of Jeep lore and geometry.:worthy: :iamhappy:
MC GameChanger owners here.

No need for geometry correction brackets (albeit they can be added for a more comfortable ride - with less clearance), as both the UCA and LCAs are adjustable to correct the caster as needed. (You won't have an issue with the pinion angle clearance - assuming you're also getting exhaust spacers).

The only issue I had with install, was to snap rings on the joints weren't properly seated. They popped off (not a huge issue) and we had to remove the arm to seat the snap ring accordingly.

No issues with the rear trackbar bracket (it's adjustable too).

You're purchasing one of the top suspension kits out there, perhaps contacting MetalCloak and giving them the travel specs of the shocks you plan to use to see if your driveshaft will make contact with the cross brace. (Assuming the travel of the shocks is longer than what MetalCloak offers).

*If this is the case, I would only assume limiting straps or new driveline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts