Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
As a matter of fact I was talking to them about that bumper yesterday. I was at an event that Matson and his crew were at. They had the bumper on one of the Jeeps they brought. Very well built. You can open and close the carrier with one finger. The carrier operation is very smooth. The carrier had a 37" MTR on it. They are working with DOT to get the bumper approved for towing. The carrier also locks into place when almost open. Then they pushed the carrier open as hard as they could and the locking mechanism caught it and kept it from swinging completly open. I was curious due to the Jeep being uneven when parking on trails at times.

I think thay told me right now they have a 15% discount on them.

Just my observations while talking to them. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I live about 15mins or so from the shop.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been trying to decide on a bumper and was planning on going with Smittybilt XRC, but now I'm really liking this one too :doh:
So I guess since they're still in talks about the hitch there is no rating for it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i really like the looks of this bumper. dose anyone know if it comes with the high lift mount in the picture

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
I've been trying to decide on a bumper and was planning on going with Smittybilt XRC, but now I'm really liking this one too :doh:
So I guess since they're still in talks about the hitch there is no rating for it?
Not at this point no rating that I know of but one is comming in the future.

i really like the looks of this bumper. dose anyone know if it comes with the high lift mount in the picture
I asked about that since the carrier had a hi-lift on it. At this point in time the answer is no. They are working on designs for adding fuel containers (such as Rotopax or similar).

They are a vendor on here. You can PM them questions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
With that being said should I wait to buy till these Accessories are available. Or will the be applicable to one purchased now

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
With that being said should I wait to buy till these Accessories are available. Or will the be applicable to one purchased now
From a business stand point, I could not see them making accessories that would not be compatible with the current bumper/tire carrier. I wouild give them a call. They are great people and will help you with what you need. I bet if you ask them how they mounted the hi-lift, they just might tell you.

·
Vendor
170 Posts
Great thread.

Yes, we are developing methods to attach accessories including hi-lift, and either the roto-pacs or the new Daystar CanCams.

On Cloak 1, our TJ, the Hi-Lift mount is a permanent fixture (welded on) and one that I consider a prototype fail. The Hi-Lift simply rattles too much there and off sets the relative quiet of the rear bumper. We are working on other, more dynamic, options.

Whatever we develop will be a bolt-on solution so if you buy the bumper now, you can easily add the accessory mounts later.

Matson

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Any chance of bumper ends for the rear bumper going down in price? I'd like the option of adding a tire carrier down the road. When will the DOT approval go through? Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts