Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on some new Method Wheels that I may be purchasing. I have read many threads regarding offsets and backsets and probably the more I read, the more confused I get.
The Standard Method #301 wheels come in two sizes for the 17" wheel:
17x8.5. 0 Offset with 4.75" backset
17x9. -12 Offset with 4.5" backset

This will be my DD and will probably never be off-road and I prefer that the tires/wheels stay inside the fender wheels like the way there are stock.

Which wheel would work the best for my application and what would be the best size of tire.

Also I should mention that I probably will not have a lift for this vehicle.

Thanks for your input and helping me with my decision.

·
Registered
188 Posts
With 4.5 back spacing, your tire will stick out past the fenders. At least that is my experience with my wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, so I guess if I want the tires to stay under the fenders that I need to look at wheels similar to stock with a 6.25" backset?

·
Registered
17 Posts
installed method wheels with 35" pro comps. they don't stick out much from the stock fenders, but they look so much better, regardless of whether or not you'll be taking your jeep off road. if you do decide to go offroad, you'll want the well of the wheel as inset as you can, otherwise you'll scrape the heck out of your pretty wheels. also, some of the center wheel caps that look so good with the method wheels, will likely get crunched if you do any rock crawling, etc. (i know from experience!) if you aren't going to lift your jeep, then I'd upgrade to at least 32"-33" tires, otherwise you'll look like every stock jeep on the road with no differentiation, plus a little bulk on the JK unlimited helps to balance out the body. you'll love the look even more...good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts