Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Metra 99-6504 single DIN dash install kit with the little cubby below the head unit... Can anyone that has one PLEASE measure the height of the cubby to help determine if my phone will slip in there for storage? It doesn't look very tall, but my iPhone is only about 1/2" thick with the cover installed, so fingers crossed? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Cannot comment on the cubby size (I don't see anything for dimensions on their site but I's just call them)

What year do you have? The metra says for 98+ but with the round corners of the mounting kit, that is a 03+ wrangler

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm currently working with an '04, and yes I believe that kit is '03-'06 specific.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have this kit. I don't have a way to measure it accurately, but I can tell you my iphone 5 with a Magpul case on it fits with room to spare.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump...

Can anyone throw a tape measure or anything on the slot? I need to verify if it's at least 1/2" tall?? Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts