Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2017 JKU with a 130 Radio/Uconnect. I like the functions of the head unit, and want to keep it. I do need to add a small 4 channel amp and am going to upgrade to the Kicker speakers. My problem is I want the Metra reverse cable to wire in the amp. I'm looking at this, which looks like it works on previous year JK's, but Amazon says this does not fit. Is this the right cable to keep the head unit and wire in a 4 channel amp? Amazon says no, and I can't find anything on the Metra site that says works with a 2017. Sorry in advance if the Amazon link is a no-no...I just use it because Amazon says this "does not fit".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks. So just to be certain, the PAC kit will give me everything I need to splice in an amp without cutting into the factory harness? I've also read a bit on the OEM "bass contouring" to protect the factory speakers by limiting the bass as the volume increases. Does the PAC unit do anything adjust for this? I may go with the PAC, and at worst, just use the harness. The Alpine I'm looking at does line level or RCA. I could try RCA first, then always switch to line level if not satisfied. It would give me the option of a sub later also. The Alpine is KTP-445U.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The harness that comes with the PAC allows the non-cut splice in. The PAC (blue box) is a level converter to use the RCA's. There are level adjustments on the amp and on the PAC, so some tweaking may be necessary for good volume without distortion. I'm not certain about your 'bass contouring' statement. However, the tweeters may need 'bass blockers' if you play you music at loud volumes and hear distortion out of them. There are also digital sound processors that have some bass boost circuitry for those who really need to feel their music. The PAC doesn't do either of those things. It is simply a level converter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts