Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05' Wrangler with 4.0 that the mice ate the wiring at one of the fuel injector connector. Mice bit through the wire where it goes into the connector...not enough wire sticking out to splice together.The connector has a red pull up tab to remove it from the the injector.
Trying to find a replacement connector kit with wires to slice in but some of the ones I saw not matching up. Any suggestions on where to find the right connector for repair or another good used harness?

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
If want oem exact junkyard has them

If want something that works to plug to injector can find easily

According to connectors.dcctools.com

The full repair kit is 05013995AA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Have you looked in a wrecking yard. There is a lot of overlap between various (Chrysler) models so probably worth a try.

Here is the link to the OEM connectors. It looks like it may be a complete kit for all 6 since it is labeled “full repair kit” & picking any cylinder from the list shows the same part # but maybe they just use the same # for each one. Either way this should get you what you need. Without checking I am guessing they are expensive since most of the connectors I’ve seen there are. But if you can’t find one anywhere else that’s what you can expect, I guess.

Full Repair Kit: 05161919AB

Factory connectors Mopar Connection Repair Kit

Digger, that # appears to be for a 2.4L, I don’t know if it is the same as the 4.0L but the #s are different according to the site listed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Early TJs used EV1 injector connectors, then they changed to EV6 connectors. Ask your local parts store if they have EV6 injector connectors. If you want part numbers for reference, have a look at rockauto.com in the electrical connectors section for your model.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Maybe it is 4 vs 6 injector harness plugs in the kit as the harness plugs should not vary

So maybe if you just need one better to get the kit for 4
However most pics show only one in kit

Agree any similar year dodge/Chrysler/Jeep should have same injector connectors with the red lock tabs

PT cruiser are plentiful at most yards

Course with enough engine heat the lock tabs get brittle over the years

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it is 4 vs 6 injector harness plugs in the kit as the harness plugs should not vary

So maybe if you just need one better to get the kit for 4
However most pics show only one in kit

Agree any similar year dodge/Chrysler/Jeep should have same injector connectors with the red lock tabs

PT cruiser are plentiful at most yards

Course with enough engine heat the lock tabs get brittle over the years

Early TJs used EV1 injector connectors, then they changed to EV6 connectors. Ask your local parts store if they have EV6 injector connectors. If you want part numbers for reference, have a look at rockauto.com in the electrical connectors section for your model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the connector on # 4. Both wires on the new connector are black. Started it up and ran great but then the check engine light came on. Immediately shut it down and it logged code P 0204 for # 4 injector.
Wires connected wrong?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Swap it with another injector and see if it migrates. Solder joint or crimped?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it make a difference which way the two wires attach? Both wires on the connector are black.
Crimped on the connector.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have a look at the wiring to the other injectors. There will be common wire that supplies 12v from the ASD relay. That wire will go to the same pin on all the injectors. Your wire from the same pin of the new connector needs to go to that wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts