Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

161 - 180 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
The amount of power shouldn't matter too much since we gear to compensate for tire size. The final gear ratio in the 545rfe will be more of a determining factor. (I'm thinking 4.88 might be about right)
I'm at 3.73, and am planning to swap out the rear 44 for a 60 in the fall (and the 30 up front for a 44). So I have some time to research this since I may be thinking about it all wrong.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
The amount of power shouldn't matter too much since we gear to compensate for tire size. The final gear ratio in the 545rfe will be more of a determining factor. (I'm thinking 4.88 might be about right)
I'm at 3.73, and am planning to swap out the rear 44 for a 60 in the fall (and the 30 up front for a 44). So I have some time to research this since I may be thinking about it all wrong.
Full width HP44 out of a 78/79 F250!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Air Conditioning is in. Just a couple of issues to work through.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Working through a few codes... two of which have the Jeep in "limp" mode. Both of these codes deal with the transmission. P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request) and P0760 Shift Solenoid "C".

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Working through a few codes... two of which have the Jeep in "limp" mode. Both of these codes deal with the transmission. P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request) and P0760 Shift Solenoid "C".
Torque converter in good shape?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
The transmission and TC should be in good shape. I'm assuming, at this point, it's a wiring issue.

Working through it...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The transmission codes are gone thanks to one wiring plug clip. The original was broken off when the hemi was pulled from the donor truck.

Just have to do a few things today and it'll be done!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Up early today trying to get the Jeep into a local shop, the transmission pan it leaking and I need the a/c charged. Since I have to take it in for the a/c I figured I'd let them fix the leak.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Drove it to work today, around 25 miles. Went well... then discovered I forgot the secure my front axle breather, DOH! lol Secured it at lunch with a binder clip, should get me home to fix this weekend.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Drives good, looks like my gas mileage is about what it was before. Around 14.5, I'm still getting used to it. It's nice to not have that engine lugging problem around 50 mph when it shifts into overdrive. I'm going to double check my driveline angles tomorrow and hopefully get the skidplate back on. The transmission has its own cross member now.

Also need to plumb the emissions from the gas tank-hook up the vacuum lines.

I've not drag raced anyone, I have floored it a couple of times, and it's a whole different beast...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
It's back in the shop, A/C leak not quite fixed... Should get it back this evening, then I can install a pair of these:

Attachments

Reactions: Wdkirk01

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Emblems on... A/C lines came apart at the crimped connectors when the shop tried to fill the system... Seeing what the supplier will do about that...

Attachments

Reactions: Wdkirk01 and Laggy

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
A) All that just to put a hemi badge on?
B) Always do AC yourself
C) Likes are now available, and i have left your first like!
Yep! All that for a stinkin' badge! lol

Reactions: Laggy

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Cooling Fan bearings went bad, warrantied fan should be here today and swapping it out is pretty easy. I'm thinking it was just a defective fan since these things typically last quite a number of years before having any issues.

Still have no A/C lines and it's getting warm... Other's that have done this swap said it took quite a while to get A/C lines.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Still have no A/C lines and it's getting warm... Other's that have done this swap said it took quite a while to get A/C lines.
Ah i wish you were here. I've become fairly good at AC over the years. Plus, there's a hose place here that can fabricate anything for any system that uses a hose. They even can use spacers and do size changes mid-run.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Changed the oil this weekend, 5000 miles on the clock since the swap and I have to say, it's exactly what I'd hoped for. There are still a couple of things to finish up, but they'll get worked out. It drives great and has a ton of power. Very mild mannered when I'm not on the throttle, which for me is perfect. I HIGHLY recommend this swap.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Front end has the shakes, and it?s screwing up my tires, cupping. I tightened up the track bar yesterday, which didn?t seem to help much. Ball joints and steering system are about 1 year old. The track bar is metal cloak and the steering is JCR. Both are excellent quality. I rotated the tires last weekend and that didn?t help. I?ll be checking tire pressure today as well as retorquing everything.

Gotta love link style suspensions...

161 - 180 of 218 Posts