Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, my dad, uncle, and cousin hit the mid-Michigan woods every November 15th. This was the first year I had my Jeep, and also the first chance I had to get her a little muddy. I even tried to get her stuck in the mud, but man those new Goodyear DTs sure are badass. All four of us downed bucks and had a few beers around the campfire. Great times!
It really is God's Country up there....

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats, BigEZ, sounds like a good time for everybody!! Can't wait till tommorrow morning, season opener for gun here in Alabama.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This might be a stupid question but how to you haul a deer back with a jeep? I'm going up in Howard city, mi this weekend and don't know what I'm going to do if I get lucky

·
Registered
22 Posts
briancash1013 said:
This might be a stupid question but how to you haul a deer back with a jeep? I'm going up in Howard city, mi this weekend and don't know what I'm going to do if I get lucky
Take the back seat out. That's what I always do then I just put my stand on top of the deer. I don't have carpet in my jeep so clean up is as easy as turning the hose on.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just threw mine in the back of dad's dakota with his deer, but I was going to use my hitch-mounted thule bike rack if we ran out of room (my buck was a little guy, I wasn't worried about the weight.)

I also have a kargomaster congo roof rack that I bought cheap on CL prior to the trip, but didn't get to finish the powder coating before we left. Just ran out of time. But it'll be ready for next year,;hopefully I get a bigger deer next year but can't complain. We got 4 bucks in 3 days this year, 3 bucks in 4 days last year, including a new county record typical. All from the same state land area. And no, I won't tell you where we were :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
You're from Illinois but come up to Michigan to hunt? Thanks for contributing what ever money you spent to our broke a** state!!

Great looking pics and had to have been a ton of fun.

Not much of a deer hunter myself, but the kid will be out tomorrow morning on brother in laws property. He hasn't had a chance to get out yet due to school and work. There's been a huge 10 point going through the field every morning all summer. Hopefully, he's still around.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're from Illinois but come up to Michigan to hunt? Thanks for contributing what ever money you spent to our broke a** state!!

haha, yeah well I'm not FROM Illinois, just live here now...and IL is more broke than MI. Seriously. State deficit is 2nd only to CA, and our unemployment rate is #1, Komrad!

But anything I can do to contribute in MI is no prob. It's not cheap to buy that non-resident tag, that's for sure. But it's a small price to pay for the memories and family time.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
BigEZ said:
I just threw mine in the back of dad's dakota with his deer, but I was going to use my hitch-mounted thule bike rack if we ran out of room (my buck was a little guy, I wasn't worried about the weight.)

I also have a kargomaster congo roof rack that I bought cheap on CL prior to the trip, but didn't get to finish the powder coating before we left. Just ran out of time. But it'll be ready for next year,;hopefully I get a bigger deer next year but can't complain. We got 4 bucks in 3 days this year, 3 bucks in 4 days last year, including a new county record typical. All from the same state land area. And no, I won't tell you where we were :)
How much did the Congo cageset you back?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bob,

I think you asked me that before in another thread (or someone did) but I don't know if I ever answered. It was 180 for the rack, then a guy my old man knows is blasting/powdercoating the rack, my pushbar, and my brush guard, all for 150. I am going to pick it all up over Thanksgiving. So far all I have back is my front push bar, which looks awesome. I think I got the rack so cheap b/c it was originally for an LJ with the longer bars, but my dad's good w/ metal work so he took care of the chop down. When it's all said and done I will post pics. The guy's powdercoat work is really good, my push bar looks brand new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts