Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got myself M/T Classic III wheels as a Christmas gift for myself, got them mounted and all. Going to try and keep good care of them, etc...

Link: Mickey Thompson | Classic III™ Black

But I had a few general questions for the cleaning/polishing of the black (non-clear/powder coated rims).

General: 1) Besides soap, water, and a soft cloth... any suggestions for cleaning the wheels? Definitely not going to be taking the self-serve car wash brush to them.

2) Any suggestions for waxing/polishing them? They are a more matte finish so using 'shining' wax would not be ideal.

Specific: 1) Anyone who has these wheels, or know someone who does, how have these wheels, how have they held up over the years? I use this Jeep as my DD (don't drive a whole lot), but I am in Northwest Indiana, so I do encounter snow/salt conditions. And I do some mild off-roading in the summer months.

Any other questions/comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Baker

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not sure about your wheels (pics with the tires mounted?), but Harley Davidson has a paint they call "Denim ______" in many colors. The common thing about the denim theme is a very matte finish. They even sell their own version of cleaner called "Denim Paint Cleaner" in a spray bottle. Kinda like a detailer product. Anyway, its made to clean without creating a shine. You'll want the wheels wet to avoid rubbing sand into your finish. Harley tells you NOT to put any waxes and be careful about what soap/cleaners you use to avoid creating a shine on the matte paint. The same concept may apply to your wheel's finish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts