Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i've got a stock JKUR, and the wife just gave the approval on a new set of wheels :happyyes: so I decided on the Mickey Thompson Classic III in black. Anyone have these wheels? Are you happy with them?

My next question is, i was going to buy the 5x5 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing. Will this work with stock rubicon tires? Also will this make the tires stick out past the fenders? My plan is to stick with the stock rubicon tires till they wear out, then do a small lift and either 33's or 35's at that time.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
I love my Mickey Thompson's. Nice classic look and not too busy. They will push your tires out past the fenders some with the 4.5 backspacing. Here they are on stock wheels and then my Ridge Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my Mickey Thompson's. Nice classic look and not too busy. They will push your tires out past the fenders some with the 4.5 backspacing. Here they are on stock wheels and then my Ridge Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks sharp! What size tires are you running? And do you have a lift?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have knock-offs but they look pretty much the same. I love them on my JKU. I did spruce up the center caps yesterday to make them a little more aggressive looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks good, and btw you are a funny mf'er on youtube! When did you get rid of the green jk?
Due to a skittish lil' old lady with an itchy gas pedal in an Escalade, I had to buy a new vehicle a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the American Racing Baja, which are very similar to the MT Classic, in the same specs, 17x9 with 4.5 BS. Tires are 285/70/17, no spacer or lift, they do stick out a bit. I like the smaller center caps with the AR rims, which is why I went with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts