Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm looking to put Duratrac 285/70/17s on my 2012 Sahara Unlimited. Not sure if I'm going to go with a lift or maybe leveling kit. I was told today by the shop that I can't put on the MT Classic wheels on without a lift. Meanwhile, they say I can do he Pro Comps 7069. Is that true? Is it the difference in spacing between the wheels? I don get it.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
It'll fit as long as the backspacing is 4.5 or less. It's not that he's stupid...the figures on his computer show him otherwise and that's what he's going by. You'll be ok STOCK running 285/70/17. I ran that for 2 months before getting my lift. No problems whatsoever pre lift/post lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That's what I thought. With that size tire, did you have to change your tire carrier? I researched this and some say it would not be an issue others say It will damage the tailgate because of the weight. I don't plan on doing any true off roading although I plan on getting a new tire carrier once I have the funds.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
Ur good. Make sure to upgrade ur spare tire bump stops to prevent any unwanted fluctuation due to uneven roads. Daystar bumpstops, or custom bump stops... Custom is much better and I recommend them over my daystars since it was a pain to out in and I scratched up my tailgate doing so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.