Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
They are great tires. My friend has them and I have the MTZ P3. Sounds too good to be true. How old are they? Is there any dry rot? Balance issues? They are normal 250+/each.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are great tires. My friend has them and I have the MTZ P3. Sounds too good to be true. How old are they? Is there any dry rot? Balance issues? They are normal 250+/each.
Exactly, that's why I'm reaching out here cause I feel there's something off. Not sure about that, i haven't seen them in person. Owner says he only had them for 1k miles or so, ended up selling the Jeep and put the stock tires back.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I also have a friend that ran them. Micky Thompsons are made by Cooper so they are a quality tire.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I test drove a JK with the Deegan 38's in that same size. They were the loudest tire on pavement that I've ever driven. Couldn't figure out what was up as they have pretty good reviews and they don't look that aggressive, but man they were loud.
On gravel they were fine, but on pavement I couldn't even hear the radio.

I liked the Jeep but I didn't want to spring for new tires so I passed.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I've been running them for two years. Love mine. A little loud but not as bad as the factory Rubicon tires. I'll probably get them again when these are used up. If the treads look good I'd go for it. Does he have a receipt to show they are pretty new?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
What do they actually measure out to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts