Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting new wheels soon and had my mind set on the Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II's and then came across the ProComp and am having second thoughts. The thing I dont like about the ProComp wheels are the chrome accents, I'd have to black those out. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The "chrome accents" are bolts to give it the hardcore deadlock look that many wheels are going after. They actually break up the all black look of wheel tire where the wheel can get lost.

It's really a matter of what you like best since you have to look at them every day. :) The MT wider spokes give a bolder look but there's nothing wrong with the split spokes of the Pro Comp. Most to the MT wheels have a more classic look but this model is more contemporary. Also, many of the MT wheels have good backspacing for JK's. I am not sure what the BS on the Pro Comp.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "chrome accents" are bolts to give it the hardcore deadlock look that many wheels are going after. They actually break up the all black look of wheel tire where the wheel can get lost.

It's really a matter of what you like best since you have to look at them every day. :) The MT wider spokes give a bolder look but there's nothing wrong with the split spokes of the Pro Comp. Most to the MT wheels have a more classic look but this model is more contemporary. Also, many of the MT wheels have good backspacing for JK's. I am not sure what the BS on the Pro Comp.
The BS on the Procomp is 4.75", the MT is 4.5".

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have always liked the MT Sidebiter 2's really nice wheel they get my vote.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I went with ProComps, not the same ones shown but similar.

I liked that the "bolts" broke up all the black. I'm going to switch back to the chrome lugnut to break it up a little more. Really depends on what you think looks better.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with ProComps, not the same ones shown but similar. I liked that the "bolts" broke up all the black. I'm going to switch back to the chrome lugnut to break it up a little more. Really depends on what you think looks better.
I like those too!

·
Super Moderator
14,550 Posts
I don't care for all black and the spokes look better on the Pro Comp to me.

So here's a vote for the Pro Comp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can I put Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II with Mickey Thompson ATZP3's on my stock 2010 Jeep Wrangeler Sahara with no lift? This seems to be the hardest question ever to get answered. Even Mickey Thompson rep wont tell me for sure. First they said no problem. Then a phone rep at Quadratec said don't do it. Any Jeep friends out there can help? We all wave at each other. How about a little help? All I want is to piut some sweet Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II wheels on with no lift.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the bottom ones and I love them. I left the bolts on because I think it breaks the black up perfect. With a big ass 35" tire you wont notice the silver hardly at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I did this to my 2010 Jeep with no lift and so far no problems. Love the look of it.
Tires are Fat. Much wider than stock. Feels a little sluggish but I think it looks bad ass.

5 Mickey Thomson Wheels SIDEBITER II 17X9 5X5 4 1/2 BS 3079431

5 Mickey Thompson Tires LT305/65R17 121/118Q BAJA ATZP3 55732

5 TPMS SENSOR FOR 2012 EARLIER JK 28308

23 Black Lug Nuts to fit new set up QUAD ACORN LUG LOCK SET 3/4" 1/2X20 BLK 92806

·
Registered
214 Posts
I look at those chrome accents and think the first time my wheels slide past a boulder goodbye chrome accents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats the ProComp 7031 I always liked that wheel
I think it always stands out and is one of the best looking wheels

1 - 20 of 21 Posts