Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team,
I've narrowed it down to the fact that my '13 JK with w/ uconnect 130 isn't picking up my voice at all. it worked when i picked it up 3 weeks ago, no mods to the jeep, and it has gradually gotten to the point where it will not pick up any voice. Anyone else have this problem? Help!
Jay

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Mine did not work at all on my 2012 730N when I picked it up. The dealer fixed but would not tell me if it was disconnected or just not there.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
1) You can either take it to the dealer and have them fix it or you can check the connector for the mic behind thedrivers side "A" pillar trim panel.

It is quite easy to tell if the mic was there or not.
Do to the fact that you didn't see a rectanular hole in you "A" pilliar trim panel, I will say that it was unplugged. The mic is a single unit with the grill & mic circuit board attached to each other. So you couldn't have the grill attached without the mic. I know, you have the best dealer around but they aren't telling you the truth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Team,
I've narrowed it down to the fact that my '13 JK with w/ uconnect 130 isn't picking up my voice at all. it worked when i picked it up 3 weeks ago, no mods to the jeep, and it has gradually gotten to the point where it will not pick up any voice. Anyone else have this problem? Help!
Jay
Hey. Just signed up. First post. I have the EXACT same problem. Brand new 2012 altitude with unconnect on the 230 media unit. All unmodified and worked perfectly off the lot. That was in late August. Just now in the last couple weeks the mic has really been struggling to pick up voice commands of any sort, phone calls, radio commands, whatever. I've reset the head to factory specs and reset my phone just to eliminate variables. Did you have any luck with yours?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2013 JK Unlimited. Has anyone received feedback from the dealer yet? I thought I'd call for an appointment tomorrow but would rather hear that it is just a quick fix/reset. Probably not.

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Mine did not work at all on my 2012 730N when I picked it up. The dealer fixed but would not tell me if it was disconnected or just not there.
Hope you have better luck than I did with an answer. They fixed it but kind of tried to make it sound like my fault. :angel:
It never worked from day one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had ours replaced once already and now the replacement is also failing. Is there a TSB for this?

Too bad -- we love Uconnect when it is working.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts