Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back story is I crashed into a snow bank on an interstate last February and I screwed up my passenger fender so obviously, it means upgrade time. I've heard rumors I'll look ridiculous with a mid-width bumper and flat fenders, so I was wondering if anyone was running this setup and wanted to share! Attached is my jeep. I have an ARB Quadratec Edition Stubby (Really a mid-width) Bumper. I apologize for it being so dark, black bumper on a dark green jeep on a cloudy day when I took it haha.

What bumper are you running? What brand of fender? What size tires?

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Stock bumper w out the plastic ends, 33" tires, 3" lift, Photoshopped JCR Offroad Vanguard mid-width tube fenders:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Stock bumper w out the plastic ends, 33" tires, 3" lift, Photoshopped JCR Offroad Vanguard mid-width tube fenders:

Those fenders look just like the look I want but have not been able to find... can you post pictures from the side?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Those fenders look just like the look I want but have not been able to find... can you post pictures from the side?

Man, I WISH they were already on my TJ. That was Photoshop magic. The real ones cost approx $650 and the wait to have them made and shipped is about 3 weeks

If it helps any, go to Quadratec.com and search for "JCR offroad crusader front fender flares" catalog # 12249.3221
Their website has another set that is listed wrong, and are actually for YJ's. So you'll need the above number to find the correct set for the TJ. And they have a side view-ish photo on their site.

Sorry for the confusion, btw. Hope my info helps!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll look. I have a catalog but I'll use that number and check the site. Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
Rick, any chance you can please post up a side view shot or straight on view? Love those fenders. So much so, I photoshopped my Jeep w them. Though, its just not as good as a real photo for reference.

Btw, that side marker: looks like you just drilled a hole for a second LED. Correct?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,524 Posts
EDIT: I found this from a couple weeks ago:

As you can see I need to either paint or cut the body on the rear.

I'll look through my photos and see what I have. I'd snap some now but I drove my VW diesel in today (It has AC and it's 95 degrees out lol). I'll try to get some side/front shots next time I drive the TJ.

You are correct: The holes were drilled as I wanted a side marker. I have them wired to function only as a turn signal (2 wire). The fronts are a running light/turn signal (3 wire).

-Rick

Rick, any chance you can please post up a side view shot or straight on view? Love those fenders. So much so, I photoshopped my Jeep w them. Though, its just not as good as a real photo for reference.

Btw, that side marker: looks like you just drilled a hole for a second LED. Correct?

·
Registered
588 Posts
EDIT: I found this from a couple weeks ago

Thank you, Rick! I really like the side view of these. And I completely understand about you driving your VW for the AC. I commute close to 50 miles a day and more often take my Honda to work than my TJ ;) hahaa For me, it's the savings on fuel.

Definitely, if you get a chance to snap a side view w your current tires, that would be great. I don't recall if you have a lift now. But I know you changed up the tires. 🤙🏽

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,524 Posts
You're welcome! That is the reason I purchased my VW. 12 MPG in a Jeep, 50 MPG highway in the VW. Driving 63 miles round trip to Quad and back every day was expensive. The VW literally paid for itself in fuel savings pretty quickly! More miles per gallon - less smiles per gallon than the Jeep.

What's shown in that photo above is my current setup. No lift, 32" ProComp Extreme AT's. I'll take some DSLR photos this weekend if time allows.

Thanks,

-Rick

Thank you, Rick! I really like the side view of these. And I completely understand about you driving your VW for the AC. I commute close to 50 miles a day and more often take my Honda to work than my TJ ;) hahaa For me, it's the savings on fuel.

Definitely, if you get a chance to snap a side view w your current tires, that would be great. I don't recall if you have a lift now. But I know you changed up the tires. 🤙🏽

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hahahaaha! "more miles per gallon - less smiles per gallon than the Jeep" So true!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Never been the biggest fan of fullwidth bumpers with flat fenders. There are a few exceptions but with bumpers like ARB that really hug the front end I don't like flatties. Ruins the clean lines IMO and does look funny at times (I have an ARB Deluxe Bullbar)

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,524 Posts
Hahahaaha! "more miles per gallon - less smiles per gallon than the Jeep" So true!

Absolutely is the truth!

I ended up down at the Delaware Beaches over the weekend with my VW. Will try to get a shot this week prior to leaving for Charleston, SC.

-Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts