Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, I've been a peeping tom (lurker) here for a few weeks, always wanted a TJ Wrangler but they are still expensive for the year. After searching for a few months for a rust free, black, stock TJ I found it.

Specs year 2000
4.0L Sport, Automatic
100,215 miles
1 owner, clean carfax
purchase price 6K

Engine and trans are in great shape, shifts smooth and idle smooth, car starts right up and doesn't have the noisy lifters. Soft top WAS fine until i got mad at the rear window zipper that was stuck and tore it from the lining trying to close it, so i ordered a new soft top from Quadratec.

My plan for the jeep is a set of wheels, always liked the Alcoa from the RME, repainting the jeep, there are scratches and door dings that i can't stand. Get new seats, a mild lift, and some new fenders...i'm coming from a 1000hp Supra so the jeep is a bit slow but i love it...esp with the top off cruising around town. When i get a feel of how the jeep handles, i'll take it to some dirt road and eventually down some rock trails.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Good to hear!! As long as you are happy with the purchase and feel it was a good deal, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe i paid a little more than i should, but it's impossible to find a stock jeep with no rust...i bought it from this girl too, i highly doubt she took it off road...she's a beach person.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I hear ya on the part about hard to find. I know here in Colorado, Wranglers go fast and when you find one they are pretty expensive because people know everyone wants one. It took me over a year of searching before I found mine. Like you said, the sweet ones go in a heartbeat!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts