Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. It still has the stock amp for the woofer. All speakers are getting replaced this weekend.
Thanks! Going to upgrade to a Bluetooth radio soon. I can barely hear any calls on my phone! That might be a good thing though...:)

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Speaker project has been completed with a learning experience attached. Before assuming that all the speakers in your used TJ are factory junk (because the rest of the Jeep was bone stock) LOOK at then first. We find these in the dash and roll bar pods. We replaced them due to wanting the 5.25 in the dash and my son wanting to use the kicker grill in the roll bar pods. We replaced the dash corners and roll bar speakers with Kicker 5 1/4 41DSC54 The sub was the cause of most of the sound issues in the jeep and this is the wreck we found after pulling the console. Fixed it with a Kicker 40CWRT672. Had to make some new mounting holes but other than that it was an easy install Overall the sound is much improved and the kid is happy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey that's a good idea on the subwoofer. By the way that parking lot looks familiar.
Here's mine before I started all good stuff.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
620 Posts
Smiley,

1. Rears clear
2. Fronts clear
3. They do rub slightly at full lock. This weeks project is to get some washers in.
So where did you end up with Wheel spacing? Did you keep the stoci 5 in backspace with your 285/75R16's or did you add spacers (& how much) ?

Also, I know you likely mentioned it, but are those the new KO2's ?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So where did you end up with Wheel spacing? Did you keep the stoci 5 in backspace with your 285/75R16's or did you add spacers (& how much) ? Also, I know you likely mentioned it, but are those the new KO2's ?
Still have stock wheels but have yet to do the steering stop adjustment. Yes, those tires are the KO2.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Finally got out for some suspension testing fun. I am vey impressed with the Jspec system. Good articulation, compliant ride and no noise. Not a bad setup for a 2" lift IMO.

There were some mud holes

Flexn'

Tire stuffs under the fender like it should with no rubbing.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice Job by the Way.

So, 2 in Chassis Lift, No Body Lift, 285/75R16 Tires on the Stock Moab Rims with no wheel spacers.

How much bumpstop did you add to the front & rear to keep the tires out of the fenders/spats ?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Nice Job by the Way.

So, 2 in Chassis Lift, No Body Lift, 285/75R16 Tires on the Stock Moab Rims with no wheel spacers.

How much bumpstop did you add to the front & rear to keep the tires out of the fenders/spats ?

2" suspension lift, 1.25" body and 1' engine mount lift. Added front bumpstop that came in the Jspec kit. Don't recall the length.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up this lift as well

That's a great looking TJ!

Sorry if this is a strange request, but could you get a measurement to the roof? I'm trying to see if I need to find a different garage (i.e. different apartment here in Chicago) for my jeep after I install this lift, lol. It looks to me like your body height gain is closer to 5" or am I seeing things?

I know every wrangler is a bit different, but I also have an 04 rubicon that will be getting lifted with almost the same details. Same lift kit, but 33x10.5r15 KO2 instead of the 285s. If I gain 4.75" or more I will be grinding off the hard top every time I park... adding bumpers may help though.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
That's a great looking TJ! Sorry if this is a strange request, but could you get a measurement to the roof? I'm trying to see if I need to find a different garage (i.e. different apartment here in Chicago) for my jeep after I install this lift, lol. It looks to me like your body height gain is closer to 5" or am I seeing things? I know every wrangler is a bit different, but I also have an 04 rubicon that will be getting lifted with almost the same details. Same lift kit, but 33x10.5r15 KO2 instead of the 285s. If I gain 4.75" or more I will be grinding off the hard top every time I park... adding bumpers may help though. Thanks!
Highest point is 74" exactly.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
What seat covers are those? How do you like them? They look pretty nice.
Coverking neoprene. They are well made and fit great. I've have the same ones in my Jk since 2012 and they have held up well. About the only flaw in the design is the 2 flaps that cover the rear-most corners of the seat bottom should have a strap w/ buckle instead of the elastic with the hook. Hard to beat the price at Quadratec with the free rear cover just don't expect them to arrive quickly. Ordered as my sons Xmas present and then We waited 16 weeks for these (Xmas in April?) :( but some folks have reported 2-3 week waits. Guess we were just unlucky.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been wanting to lift my Tj and do some mods to it. If you don't mind sharing. What was the ballpark cost of the lift and tires?

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.