Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted previously in discussions about neighbor with 2004 LJ automatic for sale. After briefly looking at it, it is rough. Although Car Fax shows no accidents, three owners and miles sound about right according to dated services of 60 plus thousand miles.
It hasn’t run for a little more than a year, exterior never taken care of, interior dirty, no carpet and water in drivers foot well. The water bothers me because of being in Florida the interior would be a steam box. Body and frame seems to be rust free. Engine has some kind of modified breather system, owner mentioned something about cat back, I’m really not familiar with those systems. Suspension looks modified but not radically. I’m looking for a project but don’t want a disaster. Owner is gone for holiday but I will post pictures later today. I really appreciate the input. Thinking of offering 5 to 6 thousand.

Questions: How would the water in the foot well effect the wiring and electronics?

What should be done prior to starting engine considering year old gas
effecting injectors, etc.?
Howard

·
Registered
70 Posts
Water will not effect wiring or electronics (my past history with tj/lj) Don't get the steering column wet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are looking at a aftermarket air intake and filter. And you are looking at a aftermarket steering stabilizer. You have to oil the air filter periodically. For you too convert it back to its original airbox. No big deal either way. Drive it and see how easy it is to keep in you're lane without constantly adjusting the steering wheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since I can't edit what I just wrote regarding the air intake you have to oil the filter occasionally or you can choose to reinstall the original tube and airbox. Some people claim the filter in the picture does not do as good a job of cleaning as a good paper filter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. Now waiting to hear back from owner that left for the holidays

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
If you want to see how bad that filter works remove it and see/feel the grit/crud stuck to the inside of the pipe the filter is clamped too
That crud is a tiny fraction of the crap that filter passes into the engine do to its poor filtering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts