Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folded the windshield down on the YJ. While my friend and I were talking, I told him he might want to look into getting some sort of handle welded on the two torx bolts that come out to fold the windshield down. He mentioned something about the older military jeeps having clips. Can these be used on a YJ to make putting the windshield up and down a bit faster?

Also, when you guys fold the windshield down, for those of you who take the rear view mirror off, where do you store it so it doesn't get broken and/or lost?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone ever tried racing style quick releases for the windshield? I believe they're called "dzus" fasteners, but it's pronounced "zeus". Or would thumbscrews work or would they leave the windshield too loose?...he has the bars that connect the rear hoop to the windshield ziptied to the footman loops on the floor so there is no upper bracing.

Also, anyone ever try something like the old Corvettes where the rear view mirror attaches to the dash or would there be too much vibration to do that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts