Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
!st time on the forum, so wanted to say whats up. Got a 2004 w/ 4.0. put on a light bar w/ kc slim hi lites. Was wonderin if anyone else w/ lite bar had big change in gas mileage. Was gettin about 310-320 miles to a tank, now 250-265. I realize that the bar creates drag, but just curious. Also just changed the plugs. Used champion truck plugs (4412). Runs nice. anyone else using these or should I stick w NGK

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used to have an F150 4x4 and I put a lund moonvisor on it, it was removed shortly thereafter. I lost about 5 mi/gal because of the added drag. I'm sure that's what is affecting your mileage, especially if you run 4 lights on it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, a lightbar will decrease your mpg, Especially on a rig as aerodynamic as a brick!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yeah, a lightbar will decrease your mpg, Especially on a rig as aerodynamic as a brick!
I used to run a light bar with 4 lights on it and it killed my mpg. It also made wind noise louder with my top off as well as getting caught on every limb, vine, and branch in PA. Needless to say, soon after, I pulled it back off and threw it in the trash. I now run the windshield lights instead.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hey everybody,
!st time on the forum, so wanted to say whats up. Got a 2004 w/ 4.0. put on a light bar w/ kc slim hi lites. Was wonderin if anyone else w/ lite bar had big change in gas mileage. Was gettin about 310-320 miles to a tank, now 250-265. I realize that the bar creates drag, but just curious. Also just changed the plugs. Used champion truck plugs (4412). Runs nice. anyone else using these or should I stick w NGK

huh???:eek:
you where gettin 310-320 miles a tank full
man I used to get 210-230 per tank full before the gear change
and now Im gettin 270-295 a tank full
to me 250-265 was normal all my friends get between 220-and 290 a tank full

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it might not have been 310-320. Mybe less than that, but I have noticed a difference. Well I did get the rotating bar, so Ill test it out when its rotated down for a while. It looks kinda stupid with it down though. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just get a bigger Tank! :D

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I've got a 00 and am getting average of 190 per tank. :(
What are you guys getting and how do i know how big my tank is? I fill up with 15-16 gals after the light goes on... Wird...

BinaryKing what are you getting?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I've got a 00 and am getting average of 190 per tank. :(
What are you guys getting and how do i know how big my tank is? I fill up with 15-16 gals after the light goes on... Wird...

BinaryKing what are you getting?
tanks is 19gal. so far for about half a tank i've got about 100 miles.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've got an 01 w/ the 2.5 4 banger, and I consider myself lucky to get 210-230 out of a tank...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts