Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I call in an want to order with my military discount and was told that some items are not eligible for the 5% military discount.

Can someone explain what items are not and why?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sent Quadratec the above in Facebook messenger and got a response in less than an hour. If you know anything about business practices, you know you need to make money selling stuff, that is the margin or percentage they need to make of each item to stay in business.
Here is the response:

My apologies, I will explain to the best of my ability. Typically brands such as WARN & AEV that have strict pricing policies are excluded from discount unless you are a pre-approved reseller (ex: a franchise owned Jeep dealership group in multiple states that resells jeep accessories but is out of stock of an item we may have on hand). There are additional brands that have a low margin that prevent price adjustments such as MOPAR. In most cases (with exception of the MOPAR branded Warn winches) our cost is 5% off the retail we list which voids the ability to discount those items. There are also categories such as tires were the price margin is similar to MOPAR. Depending on the tire (sold individually or in a package) our pricing may be as low as 2% below retail to 12%. With the tires weighing as much as they do, our shipping costs eats up most of that margin. Some additional categories have similar pricing issues, like hardtops, Jeep frames and (ATK) engines. While I am sure I have missed a few others that are excluded from discount, I hope this gives more detail as to why.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts