Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

If you have read my other post you know I am looking for a wrangler. I can across another yj a 92 with about 200k on it. It is lifted and needs some rust and rot removal. Anyways the guy says that it has a "4 inch military lift" on it.

Can anyone let me know what that means? is it just the type of lift?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
never heard of it, they make military wrap springs, just meaning the second leaf wraps around the back of the eye, making it a little sturdier. post some pics of the potential jeep, and ask questions before buying.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what questions would you recommend?

plus it has a plow and I like this because I am looking to use it for residential plowing this winter.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
ya, they look like military wrap springs, which are good. check for rust and rot on the back of the frame. a yj used for plowing is gonna be rough and have problems, guaranteed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's asking for $3000. Does that seem like it is a reasonable price? can you suggest any other areas I should check for problems along with the frame?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
3 grand is kinda hi, but its an ok starting point i guess. although its a good starting point for a pretty decent yj. this may not be. check the floor boards, rockers in and out. windshield frame likes to rot. thats also a hi price considering the mileage.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Gotta figure in the price of the plow too.
Not too bad a price if it's mechanically sound.

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
the plow is not worth the extra cash unless the frame is totally solid if its not and u still want it call bs and make him drop the price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts